What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad day

i had 2 Dogs growing up....Max and Sheba, Sheba died last year in early may at the age of 18 she was a german shepherd/doberman pincher...Max, we found as a puppy 10 years ago as a stray in the middle of the road, about 2 weeks old, and scared to death. he was just a little ball of hair, He was our guard dog, and our friend. being half chow/german shepherd, he was a rather large dog. 110lbs of fluff and teeth. But he was never vicious. infact he was probably the nicest dog i knew, also the most retarded...crossed eyed with a limp ear caused by an infection he had(it went away obviously) but the limp ear remained....when i was about 7 years old when we got him, i took care of him, he slept in my room, and usually slept next to my head until he got too big, he still tried to...but it didnt work. Even at the time i moved from my dads when i was 15, i would still lay down next to Max and fall asleep, the dog kept me safe, he never let any strangers near us until he trusted them....And then this morning, 5:15 eastern standard, 2:15 pacific(my time) i got a text from a friend of mine who has been going over to help my Father and step mother out, who are both in their later years in life...He said i should call the house or my step mothers phone, but it was he who called me in a minute after stating that, and told me the news, i was devastated....i loved that dog, i was pretty much raised with that dog, and still not being 100% over my dog sheba's death...i was pretty much in one of the most despressed moods ive been in for awhile....I just wonder now, how the house will be protected without him, Deb(my step mother) is crippled from a 20 foot fall she had 25 years ago which left her in a coma for 4 months and was declared legally dead for that whole time, being kept alive by the machines...The woman is a trooper, she helped raise me, and my dad...who is a hard working man, but is now 56 years old, and is not in exactly....perfect health....but ive got my friend there, who i trust with my life, and my family, to watch them.

Awww... I feel so bad, i hope deb gets better

I am so sorry for your loss. It's always very hard to lose a pet you love so dearly. Hang in there.

I'm very sorry about that I know how you feel i've lost one cornsnake, one black cat last year and this year I lost two dogs one was mine a white boxer the other was my mom's it's sad to see them go I hope the best for you and your family I hope you will do ok.

I'm so sorry... I have a german shepherd, she's on the other side of the country with my mom, so I sort of lost her for a while.

Im going to be fine, its just a matter of time i guess, like any loss, it takes time...i just loved that dog dearly.

Back