What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone ever used a Mind Wave Stimulator?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Shane, you're not off topic at all! This is the sort of info I'm interested in persuing after reading of Burrough's work with primitive forms of it described in the interview book "The Job". Then hearing Robert Anton Wilsons take on the manufactured versions made me even more intrigued.

I had a job helping with acoustics research in my college's physics department when I was an undergrad. We built a bank of speakers on the back of an army surplus truck for field work and had powerful amplifiers to drive them. We measured sound levels in air and soil and I'm pretty sure we worked our way up from 10 - 15 hz. There weren't any hallucinations at 18 hz and I never felt nerves or panic or any of the other psychological effects I thought might happen because of the low frequencies. Your mileage may vary.

I had a job helping with acoustics research in my college's physics department when I was an undergrad. We built a bank of speakers on the back of an army surplus truck for field work and had powerful amplifiers to drive them. We measured sound levels in air and soil and I'm pretty sure we worked our way up from 10 - 15 hz. There weren't any hallucinations at 18 hz and I never felt nerves or panic or any of the other psychological effects I thought might happen because of the low frequencies. Your mileage may vary.

I wonder if possibly the effects weren't there due to it being in an open air environment (If I'm understanding you correctly)? Or if possibly some people just aren't effected by it?

Sound and Acoustics intrigue me, but I don't really know much in the grand scheme of things.

Back