What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite carnivorous plant?

Its between bical and amp.

Cephalotus is certainly high on the charts, so too ultra-highland Nepenthes (villosa, macrophylla, hamata, etc.) and Heliamphora. While I generally like Sarracenia, I prefer perennials and not species which reduce to phylodia or next to nothing while in dormancy.

I prefer to see something in a pot year-round for my efforts . . .

I agree. One reason why I love Cephalotus is that it's a compact pitcher plant that grows year round. Nepenthes are nice, but they get too large and eventually outgrow their space.

A sarracenia purpurea would be nice if they grew year round, but unfortunately they have a dormany period. Same with the Venus Fly Trap

Seriously, if someone could adapt a variety of Venus Fly Trap to grow year round, that would be a hot seller. In addition to "dente", "all green", "all red", etc, how cool would it be if there was a "grows year round" Venus Fly Trap?

cephs would be my fav if I could grow one!

One reason why I love Cephalotus is that it's a compact pitcher plant that grows year round.

I thought they did go dormant, but are evergreens o_o. *Must be going crazy :crazy: *

Edit: Oh wait...I think it's either that, or it just slows or stops during Winter.

I thought they did go dormant, but are evergreens o_o. *Must be going crazy :crazy: *

Edit: Oh wait...I think it's either that, or it just slows or stops during Winter.

I think they slow their growth in winter, but indoors, they grow year-round like Nepenthes.

Back