What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite carnivorous plant?

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
What is your favorite carnivorous plant?

For me, it's a tie between Pinguicula and Cephalotus.

Sarracenia!

The top ones on my list are Nepenthes, Cephalotus, and Dionaea.
But I think out of those, my absolute favorite is still Dionaea. After all these years I'm still fascinated by their overall appearance and how they work.

Sarracenias all teh way :D

i honestly dont have one. it would be impossible to say i like a well grown sarracenia better than an adult nep, or a nice ping, utric, VFt, etc...

Sarracenia or nep

I love Sarracenias because I only have to make sure they don't dry out in the summer and that there's enough of a pile of leaves over them in the winter. I like S. flava in the spring, S. leucophylla in the fall and an S. rubra to fill in the time in between. All it takes is one of each and something is always looking great during the season.

pretty much everything... nobody said that you cant have more than 1 favorite

When I first saw a Nepenthes I was absolutely in awe, no other kinds of plants mattered for me for about 6 years. I don't have even one anymore but they're still my #1 exotic plant.

I love them all, to be honest. Each has a quality that makes them stand out. But, I'm most fond of Nepenthes.

Nepenthes hands down. Many of them are easy and awesome. Sarrecenia have always been tricky for me but I really like them too.

Dionaea muscipula tyvm ;)

Neps and sarrs, but more neps.

Neps usually....but depending on my mood, sometimes sars, and even drosophyllum (rarely, though, because the fact I can't grow them to save my life is a real downer).

Cephalotus is certainly high on the charts (particularly those I've raised either from seed or cuttings), so too ultra-highland Nepenthes (villosa, macrophylla, hamata, etc.) and Heliamphora. While I generally like Sarracenia, I prefer perennials and not species which reduce to phylodia and /or next to nothing while in dormancy. I prefer to see something in a pot year-round for my efforts.

The favourites also fluctuate with the course of the year, as new leaves develop and cuttings -- hopefully -- become small plants . . .

Neps and Cephs....i also love Sarras but Neps and cephs are my fav.

lolz.....sadly....my favorite plant is probally the lest likely of all cp's to be favorite of anyones.....

so that why i chose it! mwhahahahahahahahahahaha.....see......I out smartededdeddeded you all....hehehehehehehehehehe......

lolz.......

o yea.....forgot with my little (blush) laughing rant to actually say what my favorite plant is.....

UtRiCuLaRiA gIbBa...........

*****PaRtY hArD rOcK'n RoLl We'Re ThE ClAsS yOu CaN't CoNtRoL ThE gUyZ aRe HoT ThE GiRlS aRe FiNe We'Re ThE ClAsS oF 2009!!!!*****

Back