What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preparing for the storm

This is the pier that Jeff and I got married on. Some parts of it are under water now!

new8-1.jpg

Minnows swimming on the pier :p

new7-1.jpg

This is the first time we've seen an alligator at this park. I guess all the high water brought them closer to shore.

new6-1.jpg

There shouldn't be water here. This was all grass before.

PENTAX1140.jpg

Shouldn't be water here either. A lake appreared overnight!

PENTAX1155.jpg

The 2nd photo from the end might be an infiltration basin, since it seems graded to hold water and let it soak in. It looks like there's another to the right of it. 100+ years ago, much of the state was an infiltration basin and scenes like the final photo or the lake with high water probably happened pretty regularly.

This storm may cross into the Atlantic, strengthen and then head straight to where I live. I hope so, I need some more fun and we need the rain.

Looks like you may get that with Hanna.

:banana2:

i am so glad i dont live in the south anymore. Hurricanes were fun but hell at the same time.
i remember going out to the ponds and catching baby alligators like a retard. hahhahaha completely illegal but i was 13 and didnt care. brother was a Herpetologist so i knew how to handle and identify all sorts of snakes and reptiles.

I was in winter springs for Charlie and Frances. They were pretty fun, although, after the power gets knocked out and the sun comes back, you almost die from the heat.

I was in winter springs for Charlie and Frances. They were pretty fun, although, after the power gets knocked out and the sun comes back, you almost die from the heat.

That's what I'm worried about. It's humid enough as it is, and then to not have AC... :-(

Jeff and I bought an outdoor gas stove this weekend just incase we lose power we'll still be able to cook hot food. When TS Fay came through, we lost our power for 12 hours and it was no fun not being able to cook dinner. Now we're prepared!

Back