What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture thread :D (Tons and tons of photos)

Everything is going so well, I thought I would make a picture thread, so here it is!

Mini-bog:
SN852119.jpg

D. filiformis FL Giant starting to perk up :D
SN852120.jpg

Explosion of growth (broken Dana's delight pitcher :p):
SN852121.jpg

S. 'Dana's Delight', no new growth yet:
SN852122.jpg

D. burmanii (I broke the flower spike trying to get one of the pods :():
SN852123.jpg

But what's this?:
SN852125.jpg

The VFT 'Akai Ryu' that I pulled the roots off, it's growing again, but miniscule trap, not surprised:
SN852129.jpg

VERY unslightly S. flava rugelii:
SN852130.jpg

But new growth :D:
SN852131.jpg

My gigantic bundle of my other Sarracenias, most abundant is S. leuco and tallest is S. alata sw LA:
SN852134.jpg

More...

The two germinating seeds, which is (leuco 'red' x minor 'okee') x psittacina:
SN852139.jpg

SN852143.jpg

My N. x ventrata...well, it's not a cutting, but it was a basal. I think it's rooting now :3 :
SN852144.jpg

The pulling that I took of my VFT 'Akai Ryu' that I managed to strike:
SN852146.jpg

My Ceph:
SN852148.jpg

N. ventricosa 'red':
SN852149.jpg

New pitcher:
SN852153.jpg

It seems to me it continues with the tiny leaves:
SN852155.jpg

My pot of magical wonders. You can see U. dichotoma flowers:
SN852156.jpg

The stray...capes? Plus, the U. dichotoma (The dark green, flat leaves) and U bisquamata (light, narrow leaves) :
SN852160.jpg

Some more of the...capes:
SN852164.jpg

Now, my stuffed 10 gallon tank. Left side.
SN852186.jpg

Right side:
SN852187.jpg

I hope you guys like it :D

You have lots of plants! Looks good! The ones you keep outside, do you cover them up when it rains? I'm just wondering because we've been getting so much rain here lately in Central FL, some of my sarrs are not looking too good and are rotting I think. They're getting way too much water. Thanks for sharing your nice plants :)

I don't, I like to let nature to it's work. I think my Sarrs grew used to all the water it has, I never let the tray run out of water, lol, that's probably a bad thing. Now that dormancy is coming, I don't think I'll have the tray under them.

Nice Cap! Thanks for sharing :D!

Oh, I almost forgot the questions.

#1: Why is my D. capensis 'red' looking like a typical...in full Florida sun? Lol.

SN852132.jpg

#2: Is it me, or do S. rubras usually like to make deformed pitchers? This pitcher's neat :3

SN852111.jpg

Nice pics! Cephalotus...I'm jealous. :0o:

Oh, I almost forgot the questions.

#1: Why is my D. capensis 'red' looking like a typical...in full Florida sun? Lol.

SN852132.jpg

I have the same problems with my cape sundew. I have several plants growing outside in full sun, but the plants are barely producing red tentacles and the plants are getting smaller and smaller.

I'm a little worried.

Is it D. capensis 'red'?

Nice plants! I think the reason behind the small leaves on your N. ventricosa is due to it receiving a lot of light. I originally had mine outside and it got a "tan," and the first leaf it put out was significantly smaller than the last. Upon moving the ventricosa inside, in an east window sill, the leaves started getting bigger. Until now I thought it was shock that made my ventricosa produce the small leaves.

Yes, I know, I made a thread asking that, Lol.

Nice plants! I think the reason behind the small leaves on your N. ventricosa is due to it receiving a lot of light. I originally had mine outside and it got a "tan," and the first leaf it put out was significantly smaller than the last. Upon moving the ventricosa inside, in an east window sill, the leaves started getting bigger. Until now I thought it was shock that made my ventricosa produce the small leaves.

I'm pretty sure nepenthes want all the light they can get, and they wouldn't shrink the size of their leaves under full sun.

Also, the "tan" you're seeing is probably just sunburn.

Thanks for sharing your photos with us, Capensis!

Ooohh, nice plants! :D I want a capensis red.

No, it's a regular narrowleaf

That might be why. D. capensis 'red' is supposed to have a red hue or can be solid red/maroon with intense light and it naturally makes red tentacles. Regular typicals or narrowleaves, I'm not so sure about. I just don't get how mine aren't coloring up.

Back