What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much prison time have you got coming?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Here's a fun psychological excercise for you all to play with.

Think back on all your illegal activities that no one knows about or that you did with your pals and figure out roughly how many years in prison you'd get cumulative if you'd have gotten caught for each and every time you did them. You know if something you did was illegal or not. Basically make a list of all your "legal sins" (only you know what they are and some things you do you don't even know are illegal) and figure out how much time you'd get. And be honest, don't lie to yourself no one will see your list but you. if you're not versed in crime & punishment just imagine a nice painful round number imposed for a said crime - you likely wouldn't be far off anyway.

Certainly, I don't want you to put your list here but it might be fun if we just post the years we imagine we'd get for all our naughtiness. Basically, just post your "score". Example: Swords: 7,000 years. I haven't actually done my list yet but I thought it was such an interesting excersize I'd share it with you all as I go through it myself.

I leave you to your introspection...

swearing in public is illegal? i've done none of those except swearing in public. non traditional sex position? i'm 16, i cant even look a girl in the face for more than 2 second. i dont do drug, i dont drive, i dont think i disturb the peace...... i dont fight, i dont riot, i dont shoot firework, i dont drink, i dont dump garbage, i'm 16, i dont drive, yes i swear in public.

i dont know how many millions of time i've sweared in public.

perhaps you'll have to do this when you're a little older. ;)

lolz ive dhis little list there and way more......cept being 16.....im 17 .....lolz

did you guys know that its illegal to own coquis in california......

....i had several hundred......then the people in coats came....it was sad........they seized them......

.....now i have to go buy more.... lolz.....

but yeah with all the thingy me and my friends have done....probably a vampiric life sentence.....

Depending on the state, several dozen years at least- in Canada, maybe 30-50

I would never see the light of day again.

xvart.

:0o:

I've never done anything illegal. :angel:

:rolleyes:

if i didnt get caught......it didnt happen......thats my story and im sticking to it :D

but for the fun of the thread.....not sure how many years i would have done but would prolly be in right now........

I....dont wanna try and think about it, i believe much like xvart, though id have to include the night as well....o_o im a naughty child.

Lots of people do the same things, but people growing up poor are more likely to get convicted of a felony.

never broken what i consider to be moral laws....never killed anyone....never beat the hell out of anyone for fun......never destroyed someone else's property.....have bent or broken alot of laws i felt were stupid as either no ones rights were being violated or the only person being hurt was me.....couple laws i have broken i have done so with out a second thought as i felt i was truly helping out another individual, a cancer patient i knew personally in alot of pain but out of pain meds but i didnt think twice bout handing her a couple of my prescription pain meds........would do it again in a heart beat.....but its illegal.......

I'm not sure I would get prison time, but that's because I would plead insanity and be locked up in a padded room. I would probably be in there for a while though.

Yes, I'm not even thinking about murder, raping and pillaging. The purpose of this excercise is to take a look at our everyday activities that are victimless crimes but are infact illegal and punishable our conservative legal system. We are listening to people scream right now today on television about the government not making enough laws since 2004. Most laws made generally work to curtail our personal liberty, rarely do laws apply to the corporate and political overlords. If they are applied, they are not applied with the same pressures.

Thinking only aweek or so back to Monica Goodling's defense (in the Dept of Justice hiring scandal): "Not every violation of the law is a crime." Do you really believe normal human sapens such as you or I could get out of the hot seat with such a defense, or "pleading the fifth" and thus be aquitted?

if i didnt get caught......it didnt happen......thats my story and im sticking to it :D

I was with Rattler the whole time and I didn't do it either. Unless you have a video of us holding two forms of picture id, we were never even there.

Hypothetically speaking, of course, I could have multiple life sentences.

I was once put in jail indefinitely. I was never given a trial, I was just locked up.

Pak, that is the best use for that smiley that I've ever seen. Totally how it should be used. haha

This would be something fun to consider on a road trip. haha Though, you need to eliminate all of the ridiculous things... For instance, I've used a different name when signing up for a website before. There're people who end up on felony charges for doing the same. Heck I've got mail from one of those names (even though I didn't ask for it...), that probably makes it a federal violation. haha

Okay
are you a narc of some kind?????
I can't remember doing anyything illegal. AWWW the sweet bliss of demensia it is a wonderful state to live in. and i make new friends every day LOL
LMO

Swords is the opposite of a narc sorta :D

He and I are part of the metal hive-mind :D

And yeah, I haven't done anything that would affect anyone else either, no theft or assault (I HAVE beaten folks down when they figured they could attack me without consequence but that's self defence, tho not in the eyes of Canadian law)

Hell, my occupation would be illegal in many countries :D

Well I haven't done anything major, so prison time is probably out but I have a feeling I would about about 1000+ hours of community service based on what I have seen other minors in the area I grew up get.

I may disappear any way to a secret prison on a small communist Island near Florida however as I am on the list. Also I apperntly have been arrested and incarcerated in Florida several times according to the Dept. of Homeland Screw ups, I mean security. I havent been to florida since I was 10 and dont remember doing anything that bad but it must have been a children's prison called Disney Land.

Wow I didn't know that trespassing and breaking and entering Richmond International Speedway was legal.

Well, I am under 18 so i guess it wont be as long as if i was an adult. And I think it would also depend on state. But, if they somehow found everything right now, I'd say anywhere between 15-30+ years. no kidding. no i wont list the things i've done. but i'll give a hint, none of them were violent crimes

Back