What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I caught a HUGE bass!

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
This is the largest bass I have ever hooked!
pic

LRGBASS.jpg

lrgbass2.jpg

Just kidding :) I can't believe the size of this bass compared to the jitterbug I was using.

i hope you threw it back or atleast resesitated it in a proper fish tank for it?

If I caught one that big, I'd mount it on the wall.

Great catch.

HPLH,
I never keep bass, or most fish I catch.

You have put an end to world hunger.

How were you even able to pick it up? It seems to heavy for me.

Nice catch :)

Those pictures are photoshopped, bass just dont grow that big. :-))

never caught a bass that small......have had a pike take on a lure a lil smaller than itself and actually hook it.....couldnt believe it could actually open its jaws enough to get the hook in its mouth.....

rofl That is so cute. :)

BTW...awesome avatar!

some more pics
bass
BASS.jpg

bats kept hitting my line, I don't know why. I managed 2 lousy pics of them and my line.

BAT1.jpg

BAT2.jpg

i would say either they couldnt "see" the line or for some reason the signal bouncing back to them resembled a bug for some reason.........

We used to fish into the night and would quit if bats were out and we were using flyrods, since we thought they might go after the flies.

As for the bass, that's a very impressive catch and cartainly proves animals grow bigger in the north. Where did you catch it? I did most of my fishing for smallmouth bass where the Stillwater joined the Penobscot in Orono. That was before the new dam flooded it, something I'm glad I never saw. When we didn't catch bass, we caught salmon. But why leave water flow free when it can be dammed to power big TVs, big ACs and big refrigerators.

wow! Bass at night? Who knew? We always caught them in early morning or sunset but not at night.

I caught a small bass like that once with a snorkel and net.

I bet you had fun! I can't wait to go fishing again!

His eyes were bigger than his stomach. :-O

I've actually seen a dead large mouth wash up on shore with another bass about half his size wedged in his mouth.

Josh, go out on a pond or slow river at night with a fly rod and poppers (the lures, not the ...). If there isn't much moonlight, you fish by your sense of hearing and touch. It helps to have a full moon if wading, but it's a lot of fun until the insects (or bats) drive you back inside. I don't fish anymore, but that's a part of it I miss.

Back