What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

magnetic cows are visible from space

The b-fields! It makes perfect sense!
Seriously though, I read a book on Chinese medicine that talked about the importance of resting in alignment with the poles and how lots of animals have an innate sense of north and south. It's the same idea as those magnetic bracelets, I guess, but that's still pretty wonky to me. They say it's good for promoting energy flow in the body, which I can buy sort of, but I'd be curious to know what the corresponding physical mechanism is.
I was disappointed that this wasn't a story about strange crop-circle cows that emitted unusually powerful magnetic radiation.
~Joe

What if people can do that but we don't know it? Lol

Yes... I AM POINTING NORTH. Or maybe south. Hmmm.

I've been studying people for years and have noticed they tend to be vertical during the day and horizontal at night. I think that proves that heads contain minerals that are drawn towards cosmic rays.

Did I skim this too fast or did they not mention what a "b-field" is? I hope it's not a made-up term. I sincerely want to talk about "b-fields" with science-y language.
~Joe

"some kind of experimental manipulation will eventually be needed; for example, this might involve disrupting the magnetic field by attaching strong magnets to the animals and demonstrating that this has an effect on orientation behaviour."

Q-Ray bracelets for cows?

Sensing magnetism and vibration are important principles in magic(k), perhaps the cows are having mystical experiences and know more about natural magic than we do... ;)

That would explain why my 2% milk keeps moving in the fridge ! :-))

Ha! The university where that study was conducted was the university that hosted me for my internship this past summer. What a small world.

Back