What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's going to be Historic either way!!

Palin was an abysmal choice. While I applaud her accomplishments, I can NOT imagine having her running this country. The facts of John McCain's age and health history make him a much higher risk for not finishing a term...and that would put her at the helm of this country. So she squelched "the Bridge to nowhere." Big deal. Any idiot knew that was stupid. That's not enough to qualify for VP in my opinion.

the difference between her and president Clinton is Clinton spent another 8 years in the governors office........i call BS on lack of experience.....more issues in Alaska for a governor to handle than in Arkansas or even Montana....she also managed to get their budget balanced.....she has taken on her party and won, she has taken on special interests and won....she is also the only one of the presidential or VP candidates to seriously do it......she is interested in a balanced budget......these issues WILL raise their head in the next 4 years unlike abortion, sex ed and ID........she is a small town gal from a working class family and not had most things handed to her.....i will defiantly take that over Obama........unlike Obama she is a down to earth real person.....Obama has no real experience in anything except a lil bit of lawyering and a whole lot in self promotion....he has written TWO auto biographys, why? he hasnt accomplished a darn thing while he was in Harvard or in either senate....he didnt contribute even half arsed to the Harvard Law Review(any other editor i have ever come across contributes significantly to the periodical they put out maybe not in every issue but in atleast half)....he has not authored anything while in the senates.......why does this guy appeal to you? he claims he is for change than for a VP candidate he picks an long time senator....why? that shows me he aint that interested in changing anything......i would think there would have been someone that would have showed how seriously he meant to change things......

wish yah guys would quit calling Palin a desperate choice.....her track record is very very conservative republican...........this actually appealed to a huge part of the republican base that did not care for McCain.....it was actually a very intelligent choice.....the only ppl i see calling it a desperate choice are die hard Obama supporters.........

Swords i agree with the characterization as well......however he meant it as an insult......Pyro calls me a backwoods hillbilly on occasion and i agree with him....difference between Pyro and Obama is the intent behind the words, Pyro aint putting me down......im a poor white boy that was born ad raised and is living on an Indian reservation.......been called every name in the book in several languages......in all reality names mean lil to me themselves, the intent behind them means everything....i damn near knocked out the city police chiefs brother(who happens to be the fire department chief, gotta love small towns) cause of how he has talked to my wife.......no derogatory language was used, infact he was very PC.....however the intent behind the words means everything.........

Swords i agree with the characterization as well......however he meant it as an insult......Pyro calls me a backwoods hillbilly on occasion and i agree with him....difference between Pyro and Obama is the intent behind the words, Pyro aint putting me down......im a poor white boy that was born ad raised and is living on an Indian reservation.......been called every name in the book in several languages......in all reality names mean lil to me themselves, the intent behind them means everything....i damn near knocked out the city police chiefs brother(who happens to be the fire department chief, gotta love small towns) cause of how he has talked to my wife.......no derogatory language was used, infact he was very PC.....however the intent behind the words means everything.........

You sir need a few chill pills! lol! :)

I know many who are like this (and I was too in my earlier years), unreasonably quick to anger and take offense at damn near everything. One guy I work with who is the same way nearly got himself shot by the town cops cos he's went off the handle when they simply came to ask about his dog. He inferred it the wrong way and ended up having to go to court, go to anger management, pay fines, spend the night in jail, etc. He's no better now so it's clear "punishment" did not resolve the issues. But just to run around being an "angry young man" is going to get you in trouble sometime. I know because I was the same way, it took me a long time of working on my nervous system to learn to become as laid back as I am. I know what a angry maniac I could be in those days. I didn't see it that way of course, the universe, the government, the squares, my mom's ahole boss, my dads heart problems, my job, etc were all "conspiring" against me and all that. But I realized it's not the universe it was actually me. I was letting them get to me and there's no need to allow anyone to control your mind (by making you miserable) as well as your actions. I grew tired of the fireworks and TNT canisters going off everytime some minimal thing happened, I had a disagreement, someone cut me off in traffic.... the reasons to get mad are legion. I surely still get upset about things I find important however there is a limit to what you need to get truly upset about and how upset you really need to be. Some simple quiet time and Pranayama breathing excercises a few minutes at the start of your day will help center and eliminate much of that rage energy. It's not an immediate effect but after a few weeks you will feel much better overall and you'll also find that Pranayama is a bit like "smoking" if you do it correctly especially when you first take it up. :)

I guess that was not anywhere near on topic but I hate to see anything like mine or my co-workers experience happen with you or anyone else here who can be an emotional "firecracker" at times.

actually im quite easy going on conflicts, least as far as actual altercations go, ive got the same temper as my brothers and father but i can control it, most often i let things roll off my back the first few times, just dont stand for repeated abuse when it is uncalled for......the police chiefs brother was asking for it.....was what came to ahead ofter several encounters and he had been repeatedly asked by myself nicely to back off....his brother did not hold it against me....not even enough to give me a warning.....you would be surprised how much abuse i can take and laugh off when called for......part of the reason i dont change out of my press clothes when going to school board meetings......love the fact that most the union members and half the school board members underestimate the hell out of me.....the school clerk, superintendent as well as a couple of board members and such know me pretty well and laugh every time someone(for some reason the different unions are the main ones) try to take me to task for some comment.....the look on their face when young guy in ink stained t-shirt and jeans and usually a few days worth of stubble schools them on THEIR school policies and state school law.....i love being underestimated......i use my brain far more than my muscles in dealing with ppl.....learned along time ago im usually better off biting my tongue and walking away......

i dislike being called names by individuals who do not know what they are talking about.......Obama has no freaking clue what he is talking about.......seems to be out of touch with most of this country outside of the cities....and lots of ppl do see him for what he is, a sweet talking politician that isnt a real sign of change.....he is a career politician just like most of the senate and house......no worse, no better, certainly not a real change........

Career politician? You have to be a career politician to survive the game and get elected. People hate lying politicians but when the politicians speak honestly they go down the flipping drain. Remember that McCain aide who said a terrorist attack would help the republicans? Its true and everyone knows it, but the guy had to resign from the team. The more I see about it the more I think that politicans suck, but they sort of have to tell people what they want to hear INSTEAD OF HOW IT IS if they want to get elected. Obama bring change? Seriously doubt it. McCain does not promise anything but more of the same, though.

People seem to like promises for instant change now, more money now, fixes now. But big problems don’t instantly go away once someone else is in office. It takes time to turn the titanic around. But no one wants to hear that, so politicians promise change now. Change they cant deliver. It gets them elected. That is the system. If we want REAL change in the system perhaps the way to go is not getting mad when politicians actually tell the truth or tell people things that they don’t want to hear. But who am I kidding, these are politicians. They only tell you what you want to hear. Sort of like first dates.

Sort of like first dates.

LOL!......and i agree with yah.....said before i dont like McCain to much but i do see Palin at a real shot at change 4 years from now.......hell if she can come up with a semi balanced budget and does nothing else it would be a huge improvement over anything we have had in a long while..........

Clinton did that and you've never been much of a fan of him. I've been telling people for years that Clinton was the most successful Republican president of my lifetime and the past eight years certainly haven't changed my mind.

yeah but there are those here that like him and say Palin hasnt got the experiance....just pointing out facts.......i aint nessisarily so big on the experiance......i aint knocking Obama cause he has no experiance, im knocking him cause he hasnt done much of anything when he was put in a posission to do something to prove he is for change.....he has been in two different senates for over 10 years now and hasnt shown us he can do much of anything but write his memoirs and self promote.....

im thinking we are far more likely to see real change from someone who isnt a part of the DC machine......that includes replacing the entrenched senators and reps with new blood.....doubt we will see real change from anyone coming out of DC as a senator or the like and then into the white house......and McCain is included in my opinion.....

Am I the only one who when they saw the video of her and McCain when she was announced as his running mate think…”What the heck is Tina Fey doing up there?”

And here it is!

It's pretty good on both Sarah Palin and Hilary Clinton.

xvart.

I would like to hear what people think about Sarah Palin these days. I just saw her interview with Katie Couric and I must say I was less than impressed to say the very least. I thought Couric was more articulate and more (vice) presidential than Palin was. Her answers were all over the place and not thought out at all. You would think by now, after all her being shielded from the media and interviews that she would at least have a good, thoughtful, substantive, and articulate answer to her claim that Alaska being in close proximity to Russia and Canada gives her foreign policy experience.

What does everyone else think now that it has been several weeks?

xvart.

Last edited:
I saw that interview. I was embarrassed for her. It made her look really bad and inexperienced. Her whole 'we are next to Russia, therefore I have international relations experience' came across as bs.

I'm not just bashing her. I vote independent, and don't like either parties candidates at all, truth be told.

I saw that interview. I was embarrassed for her. It made her look really bad and inexperienced. Her whole 'we are next to Russia, therefore I have international relations experience' came across as bs.

I'm not just bashing her. I vote independent, and don't like either parties candidates at all, truth be told.

Ditto on every point. This is going to be a sad election.
~Joe

didnt watch it cause i dont watch Couric.........but from what ive gathered its the same old crap, she attacked Palin hard, Palin tried to stick to the issues and tried not to be baited.....however as soon as a Democrat is on her show she quits asking hard questions and does everything she can to make them look good..........

screw the Main Stream Media, and as a newspaper person i do mean that from the bottom of my heart, they flat REFUSE to attack Obama in the same way......yah know Obama is threatening to yank the FCC licenses of some radio stations cause they are running adds against him that he dont like and cant rebuke cause all they are doing is quoting him IN CONTEXT and stating his voting record....they arent airing anything libalis or slanderis yet he is threatening to yank their license cause they dare air ads that make him look bad.....screw the anointed one....the SOB is going after the first amendment now....not to mention he is the number 2 guy Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac sent money to.....why is a 2 year senator getting paid off more than any other senator but one?

ill take Palin over any of the other 3......

Couric was actualy very fair imo, and she never favors poeple, some people are just not good in interviews (ie palin)

that is not even close to being true rattler. He could not, would not, do somethign like that. Thats called Rush Limbagh propaganda. Ive listened to some of the real intense gop talk, not to mention the horrible emails, and it sounds like 1957 KKK meeting. "He's a communists", "hes anti-christ", "that damn n-word is gonna ____ my _____". Its simply horrible. If he was white they'd be fine with him. End of it.

He could not, would not, do somethign like that.

so you know him personally? know for a fact he hasnt gone after the radio stations for airing the NRA ads that quote him as saying he wants to ban all handguns which he has said atleast twice in two different venues..not to mention he has personally lended his support to bills trying to do just that......he only switched his story after the Heller case cause he thought it might cost him the election to state other wise......and Couric is fair? who in the hell is the brain washed follower now? and BTW i do not nor have i ever listened to Rush....i sure in the hell dont think he is the anti-Christ........

it has nothing to do with him being black.....why in the hell is it when ever someone attacks Obama ON THE ISSUES all his supporters cry racism? WTF is up with that? if he was white i would be happy to toss him in front of the bus just as fast........was happy to do so with Gore, Kerry, am happy to do so with Bush on 90% of things.......

jus watched the interview......have to say Couric looked like she was about to spit on Palin.....for comparison i also watched a recent interview with Obamas wife and she looked like she wanted to kiss her....not to mention in the Palin interview Couric was asking Palin questions that she should be asking McCain or Obama given Palin is not a senator and has zero input into the proceedings......nah Couric is anything but fair and unbiased

an excerpt of Courics interview with Biden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jf17Yo7hBM

also if yah look up the full interview.....watch it with the sound off and the Palin interview with the sound off and watch Couric's face and body language........there is a world of difference.......

Because the interviewer sucks, that is no basis to throw out all of what the interviewee said.

I didn't see that anybody had posted the actual video of the interview, so here you go. Reminds me of the maps girl from the beauty pageant.
(sorry, there'll be an ad before it displays, but such is life.)

<embed src='http://www.cbs.com/thunder/swf/rcpHolderCbs.swf?partner=userembed&vert=News&autoPlayVid=false&releaseURL=http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=hdkxamTi8l_uCAJ2ORKSzF3marEPn7Ul' name='cbsPlayer' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' width='506' height='494' wmode='transparent' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' />

Finch......my point was they were asking questions of one VP candidate that they wont ask the Presidential or VP candidate of the other party.....yes i agree Palin sucked in the interview BUT they were going after her on stuff the really hasnt had a hand in before and unless your a senator you wouldnt have that experience......im getting torqued off that the MSM will not go after both candidates with equal zeal.....i would have ZERO problem with thes types of interviews with Palin if they would go after Obama and Biden with equal zeal which they dont.....Fox goes after teh Demos and everyone else gangs up on the Repub's......i dont think either is right.......want to piss off my wife quicker than anything, tell her our papers need to support a candidate.....she refuses to even put a politician on the front page......

I agree. I am looking forward to watching the vice presidential debate next Thursday.

Back