What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone elses Firefox slow now?

I had my Firefox browser software update itself a few days back and now my that IE 7 has completely died off on my PC for some reason I'm forced to using Firefox. But whatever this version is, is slow, my cursor always seems to have the hourglass next to it. The PC never did this in IE but for some reason my 32 bit version of IE has become more and more corrupt and won't start so I deleted it. Microsoft wants me to download IE 64 bit for my quad core XP system but the 64 bit version of IE sucks and no streaming web video players like flash will work on it Is XP Service Pack 2 version of IE the "32 Bit" version of I.E.? Their site doesn't specify.
Firefox is slow and my DSL has always been fast til last night or so. I've run the Defrag and scandisk programs, what other things could I do to try and clean it up? I don't mind paying for software from a shop that will actually help clean up the harddrive. Infact, i'd rather buy some good software than use "free downloads" that I don't really trust.
Any input from you young whipper snappers on these newfangled computation machines will be apreciated. :)

I haven't noticed anything... I love the newest FireFox update. FastDial is the coolest application.

xvart.

download the last release of firefox 2

I've had no problems with v3.01 other than a few plug-ins are no longer supported. I've found some substitutes, a couple I had to hack.

1) try clearing caches etc. From the FireFox menu -> Tools -> Clear Private Data - you'll get a dialog box and you can select what you clear. Take care what you clear like passwords and forms if you have problems remembering stuff like that.

2) Possible mal/spyware - download Spybot and scan your system. If it finds stuff other than tracking cookies download HijackThis save the scan log and post to one of the recommended support forums to get help cleaning your system.

3) Repair or reinstall Internet Explorer. If you have Service Pack 2 or 3 installed I recommend method 3 unless you have IE 7 installed.

No problems here. Maybe you need to restore your computer. Sometimes you just need to start from scratch with windows! Firefox 3 is working fine for me.

Yeah, I know windows gets to that stage sometimes. Mine's fine now it was just pokey that one night (first night I ever really used FF3) must've been something with the DSL line that night.
Sorry I never checked back and said all is well. :)

Back