What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Open The Dumpster and what do I see....

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
There were actually 3 of them a week ago but I didn't have a camera.

IMG_0786.jpg

Aww it's cute :). Thanks for sharing!

Who ate the other two?

And shame on people throwing out a perfectly good raccoons.

Who ate the other two?

And shame on people throwing out a perfectly good raccoons.

LOL! Well... there's the one that came back between the guys from Waste Management dumping out the previous load and the build up of the new load. Reminds me of a song:

Timothy, by the Buoys

We've always got at least one in the garbage can next to the back door of my job. Whenever we go on break to sit out in the garden/patio area one usually jumps out and runs off or if he's not fast enough just stands in there watching us til breaks over. Sometimes there's a number of them and they watch us from over the hedges patiently waiting to get back at the trash can. None of us eat outside so I don't know what they're finding in that can but they go back every night.

Oh how cute! I love raccoons! :love:

Hahaha!! BUSTED in the trash bin.. LOL!!! You all may think there cute but they can be real nasty when they want to. You should see um when there having a real bad fight with each other, had a few out by the pond scrapin with each other, we dont put up with coons around here, theres 2 ways to deal with them one im not mentioning and 2 is trap and relocate, so far we have trapped and relocated 5 of them in the past few weeks.
trappedcoon1.jpg

trappedcoon.jpg

We also trapped a skunk and also several ferral cats. No more probs from them..:-))

Wish I had the camera when the 3 of them were in there. Someone tossed couch pillows and the 3 of them were just chill-axing. This one is all set with coffee and frozen chicken nuggets, along with paper towels.

I love how he's holding his arms up and looking at you Jim :p

I'm from Hungary and over there, raccoons are sold as pets in pet stores! I guess kinda like skunks are sold here as pets (not in pet stores).

Wish I had the camera when the 3 of them were in there. Someone tossed couch pillows and the 3 of them were just chill-axing. This one is all set with coffee and frozen chicken nuggets, along with paper towels.

LOL AWESOME! This just conjured up an image of 3 coons on their backs with a beer gut eating doritos on some worn out cushions lol. I do hear they are vicious as well though. Those things aren't even afraid of humans. Thanks for sharing Jim. :)

Daniel

One night Richard and I went outside for a break and heard a horrible chaos of animal noises and a woman started screaming so we ran over to see what could possibly be happening. Her dog had stuck his head into a hedge where a raccoon had setup her den for her babies. The raccoon tore the hell out of the curious dog. Richard had the number & address for the 24 hour emergency vet in his office so the dog got taken care of but his head was badly ripped up last time we saw him. I'll bet it was mighty expensive cos I've taken sick cats there - usually at midnight, on a holiday, of course. ;)

awww he/shes just darling! I think they are just adorable! We had a racoon family living in our ceiling last spring/summer...unfortunately the apartment complex managed to cage them and who knows what happened, makes me so mad! (not that they were a joy to have in the ceiling with the baby 'coons crying at 2am...but with some of the city "rodent" places they just euthanize them rather than releasing them :censor: )

(we dont get that many racoons around here....mostly squirrels, a few skunks...and once a turkey!)

Raccoons are cute, but man, they are some crazy little critters.

I hate them !! :censor:
They dug up my bog garden and destroyed alota seeddlings :(
But it's been 5 months since I moved them,and there are vft and
dew seedlings sprouting out of once dry medium in my large barrel :)

jm82792, i cant stand um nither..:censor: There nothing but an over populated vermin, BIG PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!:censor: :censor: We need more coon hunters up here.. LOL!!! To bad i aint got a trap big enough for the neighbors dogs they be going for a ride as well if i did.. Now squirrels on the other hand i would just as soon see one dead than to put up with them, they destroy everything. They chew up wireing in the car and truck, distroy bird feeders, knock over everything by my pond, trash the padded seat for my swing, chewed up clothes lines, gottin into birds nests, there as bad as the stinkin chipmunks there plain out right good for NOTHIN!
This is a road kill tally and whats the highest rank.
1. raccoons
2. skunks
3. squirrels
4. porcupines
5. oposums
6. deer
7. turtles
8. birds
9. cats
10. dogs
11. people:blush:

LOL Barracuda, I'm glad I don't live next to you :p But I admit, most of those things are on my list as well ;)

Back