What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Pictures

Crissytal

What is and what should never be
These were taken today.

Some kind of odd spider: (Edit: seems to be a Gasteracantha elipsoides)
P1020746.jpg

Red 'shrooms
P1020757.jpg

Frog that won't leave:
P1020779.jpg

S. x Dana's Delight
P1020775.jpg

S. leuco, please ignore the mess in the background :)
P1020771.jpg

Enjoy,
Crystal

Last edited:
Thats a cool loking spider.

neat!

Nice :) We have those spiders here in FL and that frog is a Leopard frog I think. We have them in our pond.

Great lip color on that leuco.... I am jealous

Hey Crissytal,

Those are some great pics. That leuco looks suspiciously like my x 'Moreii' (leuco x flava). What are the pitcher dimensions (height, girth)?

Last edited:
Very nice looking plants!

What is that tendril-vine monster that's taking over your bog towards the top of the third picture?

Cool spider!:-O

Thanks everyone for your compliments!

Trapper7 - Now that you mention it, I believe you're right. That's one of several leopards that I see in my banana tree pots, bogs, and in the water garden itself.

schloaty - Here are some measurements that I took just now. They are as close to accurate as I could get trying to hold the camera and the tape at the same time. You really don't think it's a pure leuco?

Pitcher 1
P1020783.jpg

Pitcher 2
P1020784.jpg

Pitcher 1's height
P1020785.jpg

joossa - that crazy mass of stuff is my Corkscrew Rush 'Spiralis'. It's supposed to be a pond plant. It's doing much better in the bog than in the pond and seems to be a fairly good companion plant. It's in it's own pot in there, and I suspect that roots probably found their way out of the bottom. I'll find out soon when I divide it.

Plant in bog:
P1020786.jpg

Here's a smaller division of it in pure peat:
P1020787.jpg

Back