What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

which LED light is better?

since where i live is lake of humidity, normally around 40 at day time and 75 at night, and some of my nepenthe pitchers won't form... actually there are lots of them won't form, so i decided to grow them in a terrarium, first i start off with 2 fluorescent tube daylight 20 watt, thats 40watts after almost a month of observation, i found out that new leafs r wide and big, and the pitcher is also bigger and more beautiful than growing outdoor and windowsill, is that mean the light is not bright enough or the plant got healthier? so i m thinking to change light to something brighter and here i picked out two LED lights since they save energy and super bright and focus light,

Power: 45w (112 x 10mm High Brightness LED)
Voltage: 110/220 US
Operating Temperature: -4F~+104F / -20C~+40C
Weight: 2 lbs
Dimensions: 12.25" x 12.25" x 1.2"
GlowPanel-45-with-peppers_lg.jpg

featuredGlowPanel45.jpg

and also
24W, white LED
LED light has total 168 supper bright white LEDs
ql24w.jpg

longledw2.jpg

so what do you guys think?

I would try either one. I have been growing cps with LED for a couple of years and I have found that a mix of LED and other light works best for me.

If you do get one, I would be curious to see your results.

I would try either one. I have been growing cps with LED for a couple of years and I have found that a mix of LED and other light works best for me.

If you do get one, I would be curious to see your results.

what kind of mix led did u use? how is the result LOL????

I personally use several that have 272 LED's on a small square panel. I use these as supplemental lighting for my orchids. They are only red and blue since most of the rest of the light spectrum is not used by plants. I have had good results so far. I also bought them as a kit and built them myself, although I enjoy that kind of thing.

The white one will be wasting too much energy on light that is not used. The smaller one will not cover the area that most companies claim they do. The down side with red/blue LED panels is there is not a good way to measure level of light. This is because most light meters measure visible light, not just certain parts of the spectrum.

what kind of mix led did u use? how is the result LOL????

I use the red/blue type. I have had nepenthes pitcher and flower under LED lights, but the pitchers get more color when I mix in fluorescent light with the LED light. I would expect both to work.

have had good results with whatever Dave sent me......till my wife knocked the cover off the tank and didnt fix it or tell me, bringing a grinding hault to my experiment.......however while the neps grew fine under them they arent ideal for showing off your plants so while straight LEDs seem to work well i would definatly mix in some flourecent........

Back