What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Art

I drew a Sarr pitcher today, but I drew it so lightly that it's hard to see in the picture. I'll try to edit it and make it darker or something.

I drew a Sarr pitcher today, but I drew it so lightly that it's hard to see in the picture. I'll try to edit it and make it darker or something.
If you have PhotoShop open the image and adjust the brightness & contrast (or adjust the levels if you want more control) you can bring a light line-drawing to life with this handy feature. If you don't have PS most scanner programs will let you adjust this.

never mind I cant upload them as attachments in my post they exceed the file limit size.

Well here's the picture I drew today. I tried to do some of the contrast stuff on photobucket, it made it a little more clear. Anyone want to guess what kind of sarr it is?
Truncata004.jpg

We should have some kind of art contest or something. Maybe something like you draw something and people try to guess what it is.

:O Very nice :) Is it....S. leuco?

abit of editing and it should look better :-))
1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

coulda done better, but pizza's here.

Ooh thanks upper. I did edit it some on photobucket, but it didn't help a lot.

that pic you drew really reminded me of the picture i took earlier today.
cropped.jpg

Hey that's nice - it does resemble S. leuco (that was my guess as well).
Are you working from looking at a live plant or from a photo? Many who call themselves "arteests" (sarcasm intended most of these folks are actually guerilla critics who can't create a piece worth a damn) claim that using reference, live or photographic, is "cheating" and "kills the soul of the work" but I don't believe that notion at all. I believe the more reference & research you get on your subject the better & more accurate your finished work will be.
Anyway, that's nice! :)

D, can't you resize your art in PhotoShop or some similar program?

Markers, pencil, eraser, tape, glue, scissors, bendy fuzzy sticks, construction paper, and a little imagination.... Here's something I did over the summer:

That's so awesome :3

Swords- Yeah, I sat outside and looked at my S. leuco while I was drawing
Joosa- Lol cute again :3

Here's a sarracenia that I drew. Half of it was drawn in the car of all places. I drew another picture of the same plant but redid it because this one is better. :D Oh yea and look closely at my avatar and you'll see some resemblence.

Drawing2.jpg

It's fascinating that people with no prior interest (or am I wrong?) in drawing are so inspired to draw by these amazing plants. :p

-Ben

This is the first actual picture I've drawn since 2002. It's been awhile.

ping.jpg

Here are a few of my drawings ive done in the past...im currently working on drawing a Macrophylla :3
DragonFinish-1.jpg

FreedomGundam4-2.jpg

drawing_of_ANBU_Zabuza__by_Kankurou.jpg

nice drawing..... though i wonder why every art book i look at there's always a weired dragon.

hey leave my dragon alone lol...i freehanded that one.

Well, if the images don't have to be CP art Here's a few of my fave sculpts of the past:

Michigan J Frog about 8" tall
michiganfrog1.jpg

Obscure Superman villain Dominus (arms and head are supposed to "float" from his robe) 14" or so I liked painting his black metal "corpse paint" eye makeup which you can't see too good considering his chrome skin. The robe is supposed to be made of "space"
dominus6.jpg

Lord Nurgle, The Great Unclean One from Warhammer fantasy battle miniatures this guy is 11" high compared to the minis who are 28mm! Based on the classic Warhammer Chaos books (when they had cool art not the "scribbles" Warhammer is passing off as Chaos book art these days).
unclean3.jpg

Dragon Highlord from Dragonlance Chronicles
highlord6.jpg

This was one of my first things ever (note the green sculpeyIII material and how lifeless the hair is) it's Lou Ferrigno the original Incredible Hulk from TV when I was a kid long ago. I intended to make a bust or full sculpt of him ripping off his shirt but 4 years later I still just have the head.

louhulk1.jpg

Back