Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was easily mccains best showing and even then mccain didnt "win"

I think obama still took it home.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Meh, it was pretty insubstantial from what I watched (the first hour, I have the rest recorded.) Since there was relatively little concrete information, I don't see that debate changing any votes.

What I really look forward to is the VP debates- now that should be something worth watching.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only caught the last half of it. I understand that McCain did a good job of knocking down Obama on domestic issues, but by the time I was watching he seemed to just be flailing. The "Barack just doen't understand issue X" stuff was downright embarassing. From what I saw of it, McCain seemed to just be stringing together buzzwords; I found myself wondering if he could even convince hardcore FOX-news-only types with that stuff. I didn't feel like Obama was especially strong, but McCain did come off as especially weak. In particular, the way he kept interrupting and going over the moderator's head seemed very desperate and made me feel like he thought he was losing. Unprepared, frazzled and lacking confidence.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the issue i have is those call Barak the winner cause he "did better than expected" given his inexperience.......dont know bout you but ive never been declared a winner cause i did better then expected......i either won, didnt win or came in, in a dead heat.....i dont think McCain won.....dont think Obama won...........think it was a tie in a debate that was nothing special....they both spent 2 hours shadow boxing looking to give good sound bites for the press not actually debating......hopefully the next one is better cause if it ends like this one i will really believe we should kick both to the curb and start over.......if they cant say anything that will cause the fence sitters to jump down there is no point in debating........

i too am really looking forward to the VP debate......that one should be very interesting
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to work ;_; I need to find a vid of it somewhere on the 'nets. The general reaction from Democratic talk radio has always been that Obama is not a good debater, and from what I saw, I can agree. He's a good orator, But he's the kind of guy who would rather take time to think about things than spit out answers on a moment's notice.

Knowing that it's still pretty cool to hear about a tie. I saw the firt few minutes and I can say that McCain is a better debater, but the clips I had heard do point towards the Republican tactic of vague answers. Once again, this is democratic talk radio so it's whatever.

I'm already a solid Democrat but the whole range of dirty pool from this presidential campaign is really starting to wear on me. Also, I just noticed a banner in the sponsored links for an Obama-themed Jones Soda label, lol.

I vote for soda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found it and watched it. And, well... No real comment. Obama was good and laid out plans, McCain threw around buzzwords. McCain made himself sound really important and knowledgeable, Obama Was stuck on the defensive on a lot of issues the the GoP has dominated for the past 8 years, go figure.

My ultimate decision is based on the fact that it isn't the president who runs the executive branch, it's the party. I'll let it stand there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My ultimate decision is based on the fact that it isn't the president who runs the executive branch, it's the party. I'll let it stand there
    shows yah dont know much bout McCain and why most Repub's didnt care for his nomination........what i thought was funny was watching Obama's body language while McCain was talking........he was ofte muttering under his breath and looked generally unhappy, far from the calm composed orator i expected......something early on rocked him and i bet it was McCain bring up the fact he has done nearly $800,000,000 in earmarks and pork spending......as much as Obama wants to claim he is against it his actions say other wise and he knew it and that it is going to affect some voters.......Obama wasnt near the great speaker he is made out to be.......every time McCain pointed out a solid fact to prove Obama hasnt done in the past what he says he will in the future it sent Obama reeling a bit and it would take him time to recover......kinda like he wasnt prepared to be questioned on not putting his money where his mouth is so to speak...........this is what yah get when yah put up a candidate that you refuse to question cause your afraid of being called a racist.....Obama met very lil resistance in the primaries when he should have.......the MSM tore into Hilary and everyone else but left Obama alone....now they have done the same to McCain.....Obama aint used to being seriously questioned........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you believe that we should cut all spending? I thought there was a great deal of wisdom in his Hatchet vs. Scalpel comment. It's frivolity that we need to cut, not everything. I think it's much better to invest money wisely than it is to throw it blindly at every interest at stake, and I don't believe that cutting any and all spending is the correct answer. And no, I wasn't paying any attention to body language, but I did sense the tension in Obama when McCain would blatantly lie about issues or go over the top in political theatrics. So answer me this, how can McCain claim to want to take care of troops when he votes against an improved GI bill and money going towards troop care? I guess we just need to cut that spending anyway and let them deal with it themselves, they're tough enough.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast