Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The terraforums Post Presidential debate post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case anyone missed it, you can watch it here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...09249#26909249

I thought McCain did a little better in the debate than Obama.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I was boarding an airplane when it started, I didn't see it but I caught the last half of it late last night and I would have to say it was pretty even. Both candidates displayed characteristics they wanted to display. Although the debate was supposed to focus on foreign affairs, I think it was unfortunate for McCain because it started on economics, which Obama is being seen as better at dealing. I think it is unfortunate because I believe McCain really needed to hit a home run here, but didn't (from what I saw).

I'll be anxious to watch the entire thing when I get home on a stable internet connection with a little more time.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Botanicadenta View Post
    So you believe that we should cut all spending? I thought there was a great deal of wisdom in his Hatchet vs. Scalpel comment. It's frivolity that we need to cut, not everything. I think it's much better to invest money wisely than it is to throw it blindly at every interest at stake, and I don't believe that cutting any and all spending is the correct answer. And no, I wasn't paying any attention to body language, but I did sense the tension in Obama when McCain would blatantly lie about issues or go over the top in political theatrics. So answer me this, how can McCain claim to want to take care of troops when he votes against an improved GI bill and money going towards troop care? I guess we just need to cut that spending anyway and let them deal with it themselves, they're tough enough.
    McCain didnt lie any more than Obama did.....why in the hell do you guys take what Obama says as gospel? he says one thing but his record shows otherwise........you do realize half the time McCain votes down on something that it is cause all the earmarks were attached which is what he is against....if the improved GI bill hadnt come with so much freaking luggage and was just the improved GI bill he would have voted it through.......do you know why the $700 Billion bailout failed this week(i dont think it should be done regardless) its cause they tried to attach a offshore drilling ban and siphon 20% of the profits on selling the property they buy to the programs like ACORN which were a major CAUSE of this problem
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Debate wise it was largely a tie. No major blunders from either one, and no home-runs either. It did show that Obama is a more attractive and charismatic person, though. Some of McCain's mugging and grimacing was painful to watch. But as far as content, neither one took a chance nor truly embarrassed themselves.

The polls are showing a moderate Obama victory, which is probably accurate, but it's not the sort of performance that's going to change the race in any way. I certainly hope nobody would change their vote solely on the basis of a debate like that, anyway. I thought the moderation was poor - why do they keep trotting out the strangely embalmed looking Lehrer? Does he have dead, inky black shark eyes? Like you're looking into infinite polls of emptiness? *shudder* Just creeps me out.

The VP debate will hopefully provoke more hilarity.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prior to the debate the McCainiacs were saying that Obama could deliver a prepared speech well, but that he couldn’t possibly do well in a freewheeling debate with McCain, who was much more experienced and supposed much more knowledgeable in the subject of foreign affairs. After the debate was over, the polls showed that Obama had won by a slight margin, so the McCainiacs changed their tune and said that Obama was just repeating the lines given to him by his handlers. They fingered the wrong person. That would be Sarah Palin’s strategy.

The House has just rejected the bailout bill, meaning that McCain failed in his attempt to get Congress to fix the financial crisis. More Republicans voted against the bailout than for it. McCain claims that he can “reach across the aisle” to get legislation passed (though his reach falls short of Obama), but he doesn’t even have enough influence over his own fellow Republicans. Maybe he means that he has as little influence over Democrats as Republicans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im happy as hell the bailout failed....just got a call from my Rep stating why he voted against it.....being that it didnt protect the tax payers and sure in the hell didnt put anything in place to keep it from happening again.........you think its a smart move to give the ppl who caused the issue $700 billion and no real strings attatched?

as far as the debate it wasnt and most everyone agrees on that.....both candidates sat and repeated the same ol crap we have been hearing for a year......and the polls that have Obama winning are from the same news sourses that have been kissing his **** for the last year......hardly unbiased.....the unbiased sourses say it was a tie in a debate that wasnt worth watching cause it was just two idiots up there trying to give the media the best sound bite and definatly not a debate........
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether you support the bailout or oppose it, McCain wanted the government to do something to fix the financial crisis, and he failed.

Regarding polls, the news sources aren't the ones being polled. They are merely reporting the results of the polls. You can go the websites of the polls and see the same results. By the way, Fox "News" reported on a poll showing that its viewers favored McCain by a margin of 80% to 20%. I don't think that is bothering the Obama campaign because what that might mean is that 20% of the Fox "News" viewing audience are not conservatives. Or it might mean that 20% of conservatives support Obama.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to do something and backing this particular bill can be two completely seperate things.....doing the wrong thing can be much worse than doing nothing
    cervid serial killer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast