Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The terraforums Post Presidential debate post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The terraforums Post Presidential debate post

Ok, we've all seen it (hopefully) so what did you think?

Who looked better (if either)?

Did anyone get surprised by one guy or the other?

One thing I found funny was the idea of the forum was to get them to debate themselves and neither one cared much to address each other directly and both spoke to an audience (who was blacked out)
    "Say it directly to him"
    "Why, don't you think I can hear hm?"

Also the semantic facts (language used) in delivering the "facts" of one guy or the other. Depending upon who was speaking (and whether or not you've read the entire writeups on either fellas websites) took quite a beating. As my dad seems overly fond of saying "Figures don't lie but liars can figure."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually i thought it kinda sucked...............did get a laugh or two as Obama called McCain Tom at one point and Jim at another McCain showed his strengths in foreign policy but he didnt have any killer instinct to go for the throat when Obama was wrong so i gotta deduct points for that.....overall i see it as a wash between the two.....granted the debates arent going to change my mind but i didnt see anything in this that should have changed anyones or given the fence sitters a place to jump to
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it seemed mostly like a tie to me, they both seemed serious and controlled with good responses to everything. no fighting and supposed "humor" from mccain. I don't think either one of them answered the first or the second question in the right way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't see a clear winner, but apparently Obama did well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Objectively, the debate was a tie on a subject in which McCain was supposed to have much more knowledge and experience than Obama. Even Charles Krauthammer said that, considering the difference in expectations, Obama came out the winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think McCain had much substance in his answers. I found they were 90% "Obama has no experience, did I mention I went to Kyrgystan?" And if you ask me, he had some really bull**** arguments, especially about the war on Iraq. He seemed more content to wrap himself in the flag than adress major issues. And Rattler, Jim was the person hosting the debate, and that's who Obama was adressing then. I didn't hear "Tom" though . However I think McCain made some decent, clear points about how we need to cut spending, because ultimately that's what we're going to have to do. Obama's talk about corporate loopholes seemed unsupported, and it would've been nice if he gave a few examples. That's my take.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree it didnt seem like anyone said anything new, but McCain just kept saying how Obama didnt understand issue X. It was a bit disappointing from both of them to be honest, but at least Obama had some, not alot but some, substance to his answers. Though I will say both of them seemed to try to avoid actually answering the questions asked and instead answered the question they wish had been asked.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He called McCain Tom somewhere in the first 15 minutes...........

bout the only major blow i feel McCain dealt was pointing out Obama's earmarks and pork spending which is substantial, though aways from the highest in Congress but its up there and pointing out Obama has only been preaching cutting ear marks and the like since campaigning and as far as most of the public is concerned actions speak louder than words......add that to the fact McCain pointed out that while he is on Foreign Relations committee but hasnt really done anything as far as spending time abroad and holding committee meetings....both of these Obama didnt deny.....and McCains record shows him consistently against it

i dont hold the fact that neither answered the first two questions well against them cause they were being asked to comment on something that basically doesnt exist yet........its just being talked over.....the moderator was trying to get them to nail an answer to a wall that doesnt exist yet.....

McCain did far better on the economic part of it than i figured he would and i feel he trumped Obama in the foreign policy part cause push comes to shove experience does matter there to me.......and McCain gave plenty of examples as to why he has the experiance.....cant hold it against him cause the fact of the matter is its true.....

but as i said over all it was a tie cause i dont feel either gave enough reasons to make over bout 5% of the fence sitters a place to jump to.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast