What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preview of Vice-Presidential Debate

• Thread starter Tropics
  • Start date
Getting this thread back on track, here’s the Palin bash of the day. She deviated from the script given to her by McCain advisors and talked about her $150K wardrobe. Apparently, she felt as if she had to defend it. But the McCain advisors wanted her to ignore it, on the grounds that the story would go away. The McCain advisors were right, because CNN covered the story of Palin refusing to keep quiet about the wardrobe. The Palin story is noise that impedes McCain from getting his message across. And there are only a few days left.

CNN story

I'm sorry but I think you pressed the wrong button. Try the "New Thread" button. :poke:

We're discussing Obama's natural born citizen status here.

How is it low in the midst of controversy to ask someone to clear something up by providing authentic documentation? If McCain was in the same scenario, I would want to know the truth. The second Obama releases the information is the second the controversy would end. The fact that he's fighting it and doing all he can to prevent this information from being released is not sending good vibes. Everyone proclaims his college career, yet he refuses to release any records. Something doesn't smell right.

medicalrecordscoughhuffcoughmelanoma
What controversy? This is pretty run-of-the-mill as far as elections go. I'm more worried about someone dying in office than having to have them step down due to ineligibility. Besides, if he weren't a citizen, wouldn't it have come up before now? The guy has gone to some of the most prestigious schools in the country, taken significant political positions and has been under the Dems' microscope for decades. If there were real, tangible problems, I think they would've come up by now.
~Joe

What controversy? This is pretty run-of-the-mill as far as elections go. I'm more worried about someone dying in office than having to have them step down due to ineligibility. Besides, if he weren't a citizen, wouldn't it have come up before now? The guy has gone to some of the most prestigious schools in the country, taken significant political positions and has been under the Dems' microscope for decades. If there were real, tangible problems, I think they would've come up by now.
~Joe

Then why not provide the paper? Why fight it? I don't care what school he's gone to, what does that prove? People come over here all the time on visa's to go to school. His prior political positions NEVER required natural born citizenship. Arnold is the Governor of California and he's not natural born and as much as I love him he's not qualified to be President. I don't consider 10-11 years "decades" and besides the Democrats were looking to Hillary for the majority of this campaign.

If this was a non-issue I believe Obama and the DNC wouldn't have fought Berg in court to suppress and protect the truth, instead he would have released the paper and this would be in the graveyard.

BTW there are now 8 lawsuits across 8 states. "Hawaii, Washington, California, Florida, Georgia. Pennsylvania, New York and Connecticut, are seeking judicial authority to force the certifying or decertifying of Senator Barack Obama’s qualification to run as a candidate for President as a natural born U.S. citizen."

http://peoplespassions.org/peoplesvoice/Lawsuits/National_Press_Release_08_10_22.htm

I'm sorry but I think you pressed the wrong button. Try the "New Thread" button. :poke:

We're discussing Obama's natural born citizen status here.

Ozzy pointed out that this is supposed to be a thread about Sarah Palin. Even though it's entitled "Preview of Vice-Presidential Debate," it's the only viable one left about her, as the other one was terminated because it was overheating.

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't stop myself from commenting on the following post:

BTW there are now 8 lawsuits across 8 states. "Hawaii, Washington, California, Florida, Georgia. Pennsylvania, New York and Connecticut, are seeking judicial authority to force the certifying or decertifying of Senator Barack Obama’s qualification to run as a candidate for President as a natural born U.S. citizen."

http://peoplespassions.org/peoplesvoice/Lawsuits/National_Press_Release_08_10_22.htm

Here's a quote from the document that was cited:

"Muammar Gadhafi, leader of Libya, has publicly claimed that Obama was born in Kenya and studied in Muslim schools in Indonesia."

That source is impeccable. The McCain campaign should stop all campaigning immediately, as Obama will certainly be found to be ineligible to serve as president.

His prior political positions NEVER required natural born citizenship. Arnold is the Governor of California and he's not natural born and as much as I love him he's not qualified to be President. I don't consider 10-11 years "decades" and besides the Democrats were looking to Hillary for the majority of this campaign.

Good point. (In my defense, by decades I'm referring to all positions I mentioned, including schooling - not as sensitive as public office, but they still track your information at universities.) Still, you didn't really address the meat of my response: why hasn't McCain disclosed his medical/military records?

How is it low in the midst of controversy to ask someone to clear something up by providing authentic documentation? If McCain was in the same scenario, I would want to know the truth.

So, I guess, by the same scenario you mean exactly the same scenario, and not one that's a whole lot worse.
~Joe

Speaking as a conservative and someone who plans to vote for McCain..
I cant believe people are still actually debating Obama's birth certificate..
come on people..you are smarter than this..

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

Scot

Scot,

There are two forms of birth certificates. Short and Long:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_of_birth#Long_forms

Obama refuses to release his long version. I'm honestly in the middle of whether or not he's a natural born citizen. To me if he was, he would have simply released it. The fact that he's willing to pay someone to represent him in the court room to make sure it doesn't get released doesn't settle too well with me.

Scot,

There are two forms of birth certificates. Short and Long:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_of_birth#Long_forms

Obama refuses to release his long version. I'm honestly in the middle of whether or not he's a natural born citizen. To me if he was, he would have simply released it. The fact that he's willing to pay someone to represent him in the court room to make sure it doesn't get released doesn't settle too well with me.

I've never heard of a "long form"..
I recently needed a copy of my birth certificate when I got married..
My parents or I couldnt find the original, been missing for decades..
So I got a new one from the state of Pennsylvania..
it was "short"..a simple document, looks very similar to Obama's shown on the polotofact site..

that was good enough for the state of New York, Monroe county, and the city of Rochester..none of them asked for a "long form"..

The nation of Canada also accepts my "short form" when I cross the border at Niagara Falls, and the government of the USA accepts it as legit when I come back..

to me this is a non-story..
the Obama birth certificate is legit..end of story.

If there was any truth to this Hillary and McCain would have found it by now..

Scot

Maybe because it is a nonissue and furthermore maybe it is degrading to have to submit to such inquiries?

xvart.

I've never heard of a "long form"..
I recently needed a copy of my birth certificate when I got married..
My parents or I couldnt find the original, been missing for decades..
So I got a new one from the state of Pennsylvania..
it was "short"..a simple document, looks very similar to Obama's shown on the polotofact site..

that was good enough for the state of New York, Monroe county, and the city of Rochester..none of them asked for a "long form"..

The nation of Canada also accepts my "short form" when I cross the border at Niagara Falls, and the government of the USA accepts it as legit when I come back..

to me this is a non-story..
the Obama birth certificate is legit..end of story.

If there was any truth to this Hillary and McCain would have found it by now..

Scot

Scot,

I think this clip explains it better than I can:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZAbqgpoGQ

Scot,

I think this clip explains it better than I can:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZAbqgpoGQ

quote from the youtube guy:

"certification of live birth is not a certificate of birth" :crazy:

that means my copy of my Pennsylvania birth certificate isnt good enough to prove I was born a US citizen..
the USA, Canada, state of PA, state of NY, Monroe county, and the City of Rochester all seem to think it IS good enough..
none of them have any problem with my "short form".

I look at it this way..

the Hillary and McCain political machines would both have a LOT to gain by this story being true..with all their massive resorces,
neither could prove Obama is not a legitimate citizen..

so..weighing the evidence logically..who is more likely to be correct?
the massive Clinton and McCain political machines? (which is basically both sides of the entire US government)
or a few nut-jobs on youtube?

you decide..

Scot

quote from the youtube guy:

"certification of live birth is not a certificate of birth" :crazy:

that means my copy of my Pennsylvania birth certificate isnt good enough to prove I was born a US citizen..
the USA, Canada, state of PA, state of NY, Monroe county, and the City of Rochester all seem to think it IS good enough..
none of them have any problem with my "short form".

I look at it this way..

the Hillary and McCain political machines would both have a LOT to gain by this story being true..with all their massive resorces,
neither could prove Obama is not a legitimate citizen..

so..weighing the evidence logically..who is more likely to be correct?
the massive Clinton and McCain political machines? (which is basically both sides of the entire US government)
or a few nut-jobs on youtube?

you decide..

Scot

I guess you don't understand. The short version of the birth certificate is not a legal document. Just like if I show you a credit card with my name on it that isn't proof of my identity.

It's more than a few nut-jobs on youtube. That's why there's 8 lawsuits pending. Maybe the reason the Clinton and McCain machines didn't jump on this is because they like you gave Obama the benefit of the doubt and didn't go there. I did too until the conflicting information on where he was born, the adoption of his step-father and Indonesian citizenship and now the fact that he's fighting it in court rather than dispelling it.

Maybe the reason the Clinton and McCain machines didn't jump on this is because they like you gave Obama the benefit of the doubt and didn't go there.

yes, that must be it..
because presidential canidates, of both partys, never "go there"..
they just let minor issues like this slide..
they never concern themselves with any questionable background issues of their opponents.

yep..makes sense.
that explains it.

Scot

Heh, the "short form" is absolutely a legal document, and is sufficient for any purpose, even to get a passport! The Berg nutjob's lawsuit was tossed by the judge as "ridiculous", and "patently false".
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loc..._s_bid_to_have_Obama_removed_from_ballot.html

This goes nowhere good for you, Outsiders, as every credible source has discredited this shameful propaganda. This is nothing but the worst kind of campaigning.

We should be discussing policies, qualifications, and competence. The whole line of attack about Obama not being a "real American" has sinister undertones. For example, have you seen McCain's "long form", Outsiders? I didn't think so.

Capslock

Outsiders, Drop it.

Scottychaos is one of the most, er, outspoke conservatives that I have the pleasure or reading....and HE'S telling you this is crap.

I have two children, both in the recent past - and I've never seen a "long" birth certificate. Just the same one that everyone else has.

Outsiders, Drop it.

Scottychaos is one of the most, er, outspoke conservatives that I have the pleasure or reading....and HE'S telling you this is crap.

I have two children, both in the recent past - and I've never seen a "long" birth certificate. Just the same one that everyone else has.

Drop what? I'm not the one filing law suits! Scot maybe a conservative but that doesn't denounce the fact that Obama won't release his long version birth certificate. Most people wouldn't fight someone in court over something as small as this, they would just release the record. This isn't a conservative attack or effort, it was started by a Democrat, and there are just as many Democrats who are wondering the same.

Just because you haven't seen something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Once again I think there's a disconnect here on what a short version and long version birth certificate is. I didn't know the difference either before this came up.

Obama's birth was reported in the newspaper, along with the births of other babies. But hold on, now. Maybe that item was fraudulent. Perhaps Obama's mother, or grandparents, or maybe some Democrats were able to somehow sneak a fake birth announcement into the newspaper, knowing that the infant would run for President 47 years later.

For the sake of fairness, those who are demanding the long version of Obama's birth certificate should provide MCcain's long birth certificate.

Sarah Palin again displayed her seemingly unlimited ignorance of the U.S. Constitution by saying that her First Amendment rights should prevent the press from criticizing her for her negative attacks on Barack Obama. Of course, the First Amendment protects freedom of the press.

Read more about it here.

Sarah Palin still has not released her medical records, nearly a week after she said she would. McCain, Obama, and Biden have already released their medical records. What does Sarah Palin have to hide?

Sarah Palin still has not released her medical records, nearly a week after she said she would. McCain, Obama, and Biden have already released their medical records. What does Sarah Palin have to hide?

Maybe she really is a man?

Stranger things have happened.

???

Back