What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preview of Vice-Presidential Debate

• Thread starter Tropics
  • Start date
judge already ruled that that wasnt admissible as hard evidence.....besides its off a pro-Obama site......

like i said i was going to hold off bringing any of this up till after i hear what the court says which should be sometime this week.....like i said Obama could have cleared this up a long time back by giving his birth certificate to the judge as that is ALL that is being asked for and he hasnt done it......i dont understand why he is making such a simple thing complicated......thats where my interest is.....hell if it was me i could have cleared it up by taking a whopping 15 minutes out of my day.......its something that takes about no effort to prove but he hasnt done it..........

and McCain being born in Panama has nothing to do with this cause his father was stationed there by the US and his mom was living on base with him....legally he was born on US soil.........

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/Polarik/BO_Birth_Certificate.jpg

If any McCain supporter is thinking about making the argument that Hawaii was not yet a state when Obama was born there in 1961, just remember that John McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone. Anyway, Hawaii became a state in 1959. Only one parent an American citizen? Neither parent need be an American citizen if the child is born in the USA. McCain supporters are wasting their time hoping that Obama is not a natural born American citizen.

No one is asking for Obama's short certificate. It's his long, vault certificate.

This birth certificate stuff is one of the saddest things I've seen out of a campaign. Do you guys have no shame?

Capslock

us guys? the law suit was filed by a CLINTON lacky

Philip J. Berg is just a crackpot! He allegedly "supports" Clinton. So what? The fact is that he filed that ridiculous suit months after the email-fed rumor started spreading. This is not a real story.

Check snopes:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

Not convinced? How about factcheck.org?
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

Let's stop this nonsense! This country is in a real economic crisis. There are real issues to talk about - don't allow yourself to be tempted into this sort of degenerate campaigning.

Capslock

given snopes is owned by a democrat nut job i dont go by it for political stuff......and take the rest of it with a grain of salt for the most part........

as i said i was waiting to see what the court did, someone else brought it up though so i chimed in with my 2 cents........

ill track down the info......#1 i dont find them the end all be all of fact checking cause ive found things they are wrong on....kinda like Wiki....handy and usually right but not recommended as a solid source

pointed out my issues with factcheck.....they left out plenty Biden was wrog on in the debate though i didnt find them that unfairly harsh on Palin......rather funny that another unbiased fact checker says factcheck.org is wrong on their assessment on McCains tax plan and these guys focus on tax stuff

A federal judge in Philadelphia threw out the lawsuit filed by Philip Berg claiming that Barack Obama is not qualified to be president. The judge agreed with Obama and the Democratic National Committee, that Berg's claims were "ridiculous" and "patently false."

Philadelphia Daily News story

A federal judge in Philadelphia threw out the lawsuit filed by Philip Berg claiming that Barack Obama is not qualified to be president. The judge agreed with Obama and the Democratic National Committee, that Berg's claims were "ridiculous" and "patently false."

Philadelphia Daily News story

So this proves Obama's a natural born citizen? Hardly. The reality check here folks is that Obama could have provided a long, vault version of his Birth Certificate if he had one. It would have taken at most 10 minutes. The fact that Obama and the DNC paid attorneys to prevent the truth (whichever it maybe), instead of providing a simple piece of paper is very strange. How can we trust Obama if he refuses to reveal who he really is?

Apparently, the decision of a federal judge is not convincing to the core McCain supporters. By the way, where is the birth certificate of John McCain? Maybe he can't produce it because he was born before the invention of paper.

LOL that is the dumbest candidate attack post I have ever read. If he was being serious. Absolutely hilarious, thanks for the laugh.

I hate to break the news to you guys, but I think you missed the VP debate. It was like a month ago.

I was wondering when someone was going to point that out

LOL that is the dumbest candidate attack post I have ever read. If he was being serious. Absolutely hilarious, thanks for the laugh.

The sad thing is I think he was serious...

So this proves Obama's a natural born citizen? Hardly. The reality check here folks is that Obama could have provided a long, vault version of his Birth Certificate if he had one. It would have taken at most 10 minutes. The fact that Obama and the DNC paid attorneys to prevent the truth (whichever it maybe), instead of providing a simple piece of paper is very strange. How can we trust Obama if he refuses to reveal who he really is?

It really seems like this is a type of segregation to me, because of his foreign name and skin color. You can deny it, but, I've never seen all this speculation, calling him a terrorist and such in any election, ever.

It really seems like this is a type of segregation to me, because of his foreign name and skin color. You can deny it, but, I've never seen all this speculation, calling him a terrorist and such in any election, ever.

Segregation? You mean Racism? You're mixing up two different things. Nobody has called Obama a terrorist. What was being said was that he has associations with people who are/were terrorists. Anyways that's off topic, lets get back to the issue here.

Here's a video featuring Phillip Berg who's filed the suit, who explains everything:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyspCRmJv7w

This has nothing to do with race, skin color, party or the infamous briefs or boxers question. The Constitution clearly states that to be President of the United States you must be a natural born citizen. As of right now it is unclear if Obama is really a natural born citizen. His family members give different stories on his birth. He was also adopted by his step-father in Indonesia, and attended Indonesian schools (which you had to be an Indonesian citizen to attend). To be a citizen of Indonesia you forfeit all other citizenships.

All Obama had to do was provide the long version of the Birth Certificate and this would all go away. Instead he fought it in court. What does that say to you? What does he have to hide.

Thankfully Phillip Berg is appealing the judge's decision to the Supreme Court. So this isn't over yet...

Segregation? You mean Racism? You're mixing up two different things. Nobody has called Obama a terrorist. What was being said was that he has associations with people who are/were terrorists. Anyways that's off topic, lets get back to the issue here.

Here's a video featuring Phillip Berg who's filed the suit, who explains everything:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyspCRmJv7w

This has nothing to do with race, skin color, party or the infamous briefs or boxers question. The Constitution clearly states that to be President of the United States you must be a natural born citizen. As of right now it is unclear if Obama is really a natural born citizen. His family members give different stories on his birth. He was also adopted by his step-father in Indonesia, and attended Indonesian schools (which you had to be an Indonesian citizen to attend). To be a citizen of Indonesia you forfeit all other citizenships.

All Obama had to do was provide the long version of the Birth Certificate and this would all go away. Instead he fought it in court. What does that say to you? What does he have to hide.

Thankfully Phillip Berg is appealing the judge's decision to the Supreme Court. So this isn't over yet...

I think it's pretty low to attack a distinguished American's Citizenship. Well, I guess some pretty ridiculous stuff occurs at the end of elections.

I think it's pretty low to attack a distinguished American's Citizenship. Well, I guess some pretty ridiculous stuff occurs at the end of elections.

How is it low in the midst of controversy to ask someone to clear something up by providing authentic documentation? If McCain was in the same scenario, I would want to know the truth. The second Obama releases the information is the second the controversy would end. The fact that he's fighting it and doing all he can to prevent this information from being released is not sending good vibes. Everyone proclaims his college career, yet he refuses to release any records. Something doesn't smell right.

In this country, controversies are cleared up in the court system. That happened. Obama satisfies the citizenship requirement to be president. Those who disagree with the judge have first amendment rights to keep talking about it -- not that they are going to change the judge's opinion, or the opinion of anyone else.

And now you want Obama's college records? I don't think McCain wants to go head-to-head with Obama on that one. McCain admitted he graduated fifth from the bottom of his class of 899 students at Annapolis -- the lowest 1%. Obama went to Harvard Law, where he was elected by his fellow students as President of the Law Review and graduated Magna cum Laude (top 10%). Nevertheless, these charges of important records being non-existent has gotten Obama so worried that he is busy forging his fifth grade report card.

Getting this thread back on track, here’s the Palin bash of the day. She deviated from the script given to her by McCain advisors and talked about her $150K wardrobe. Apparently, she felt as if she had to defend it. But the McCain advisors wanted her to ignore it, on the grounds that the story would go away. The McCain advisors were right, because CNN covered the story of Palin refusing to keep quiet about the wardrobe. The Palin story is noise that impedes McCain from getting his message across. Every day is valuable to him because there only a few left.

CNN story

Back