What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pot of doom

upper

Capensis Killer
i was thinking about sowing a pot of doom(alot of capensis seeds.... ALOT!) i have around 1000+, do you think they'll surive? being packed together..... i think i might put it in a tray or something, if not a square pot..

I'd use at least a few of those Jiffy trays so they have some chance to survive and be transplanted to a new suitable pot. Whenever I've planted things too closely together they seem to die off rather early. If you start them now maybe by next summer they'll be a sellable size. Try selling the baby plants on ebay or something, even at only $3 each that's $3000, nothing to laugh at when looked at as a whole.

yeah it works with capensis.......however the resulting plants will be runts when packed that close together

yeah it works with capensis.......however the resulting plants will be runts when packed that close together

Yep, I did that with my capensis "all red" and just pot out what I need... They stay really small when packed all together like that. Does look neat though, I'll try and remember to get you a picture :)
Andrew

Your better off doing some seed then waiting two months.
Man I'm going to need some capensis seed I gave all mine away :jester:

Don't get me wrong though! You can grow a lot of plants in one pot and they'll do just fine.... Here is an old bog thing I did, the second picture is from may of 2006... I think I tore it apart a few months after this pic, the vfts I had planted in it were mostly gonners but there were a few that hung in there- They looked like crap.
Andrew

I threw something like 100 seeds in a 2x2 square pot about a year ago. Then this summer I separated them and I had something like 25 good sized dews left, with little babies everywhere! I also did another pot which I forgot to water and only one survived. It's still alive today and I call it the hardiest capensis. Hey JM, I have like a billion capensis seeds and I could do a SASE, PM me if interested.

andrew i LOVE that minibog! gorgeous!

upper, try mixing in some sarras or something to get a nice effect like what andrew did. Just an idea. If not, and you just want 1005 capensis madness, i suggest a 4'x 1' rectangle pot. That way they (all 1000 capes) can grow to their full potential and still look like a dewy forest. :)

2 Inch pot Feb, 2008
image62.jpg

2 Inch pot today
image1_002.jpg

They're a little bit abused from neglect (they dry out quick when the plant mass is twice the size of the pot)

Neat :). Muhahaha, pot of doom >:3

Back