What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

alright Ozzy.....need electrical advise........

how do you wire a 220 line to a garage door?.........not to the door opener but to the door itself.........got a lil problem with attempted break-ins down at the shop.........

Well 220 isn't anything you want to screw around with(very deadly).
I'd get an electric fence charger and try that. IT could destroy the opener though from the 10,000 volt or so pulses though.
I'd honestly get an alarm(infrared or something) that goes off when you are by the door.

police chief suggested wiring up an electric fence charger but ive been hit by one before working cows.....aint fun but far from debilitating........worried that will just piss them off and they will attempt to break out every window in the place......wiring up a 220 line and they should still be laying there smoking the next morning and not cause any more problems....have had 2 attempted break ins in 48 hours.....which makes 3 in the last 3 weeks........cops been patroling heavily but the *******s hit while he was tied up for an hour and a half at the hospital last night.......

wired up a security camera tody but if that dont work ill just start sleeping down there with a can of this:

http://www.udap.com/Bearspecifications.htm

and spray it out the hole they keep beating in that i keep fixing

220 is a deadly voltage straight from the wall and is a lawsuit waiting to happen, even if someone was attempting to rob you. You want people deterred, not dead. That means high voltage, low amperage.

one dead robber is a deterrent.......least in most places..........

Imagine everything that can go wrong with that plan before doing it. For instance, the police patrol stops by to check the door and you electrocute one of Wolf Point's finest. Or there's a short and you burn the place down. Or the burglar is your favorite nephew just fooling around with friends. Even if it's a real burglar, I'm pretty sure a fatal booby trap isn't going to go over very well with the law.

yah really think im stupid enough to do it Bruce? truth be told i hated screwing with electricity as much as i did wiring in the camera today........just blowing off steam more than anything......

Shotgun works good for thieves,just make sure they get inside first.:-O

How 'bout a pit bull on the property? Dogs are surprisingly good deterrents. Maybe some motion lights, cameras, signs, etc.

Go bigger than pit. Get a mastiff.

i aint big on big dogs............aint going to lock a dog up at the shop during the night instead of being home with me.......rather spend the few sleepless nights down there, beat the hell out of those doing it.......

one dead robber is a deterrent.......least in most places..........

Obviously you're taking the wrong approach here Rattler. You should leave out some cookies and milk for the thieves. You know, make them feel welcomed.

I am going to agree with the suggestion of the shotgun but I am going to say put 2 rounds of salt shot in first before a real round. Salt shot isn't lethal so you should be allowed to fire it off at them while they are still outside the building. It'll hurt like Hades, it'll be a deterrent and odds are good the idiots will take a trip to the hospital/Dr. to get it checked out whereupon the can be arrested.

And if a couple rounds of salt shot is not enough to deter them then the live rounds following it sure will...

Mastiff? Bah, just go get a Dragon or three-headed dog.
Mythical creatures always achieve the desired effect, and they're usually more brutal.

actually at the ranges we are talking about a rock salt round could kill.......they have killed inside 20 yards and ppl have gone to jail trying to "teach some punk a lesson", farther out they are one hell of a lesson teacher, work well on moving stubborn cows :D .......police chief specifically told me not to try it shoot the SOB's unless they are inside the building, at which point im fine to do as i please legally speaking......outside means likely shooting someone in the back which the law frowns upon especially when the SOB's are running down a public alley way

Rubber bullets??

How 'bout a pit bull on the property?

I'd suggest hiring Sarah Palin. That would scare anybody off your property. :-D

Police chief said i would be better off not shooting a firearm off outside the building unless they had a weapon or i could run into some sticky things with the law cause im inside city limits.....inside the building my arse is covered if i want to use rock salt, rubber bullets or plain ol' buckshot......however i think im going to ask to go through some of his law enforcement catalogs cause i seem to remember reading about some paint balls used for crowd control........IIRC one is full of basically powdered mace, the other contains a liquid that has one of the most god awful smells you will come across........ :D

however i think im going to ask to go through some of his law enforcement catalogs cause i seem to remember reading about some paint balls used for crowd control........IIRC one is full of basically powdered mace, the other contains a liquid that has one of the most god awful smells you will come across........ :D

That'd do it :-D

um, what do you sell? Put up a beware of dog sign, even if their is no dog. It may not stop some people but, it may help.

Back