Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Post VP debate thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reduce taxes! reduce takes! YES! You HAVE to reduce spending if you reduce taxes because taxes is how the federal government is funded. So yes, reduce taxes. Its not like our government in debt needs more money. We can always borrow from China.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palin doesn't even use actual sentences. If you look at the transcript, she just rambles in a stream-of-consciousness way, stringing together rehearsed phrases. It was frankly embarrassing and hard to watch. For example, her incoherent nuclear weapons answer:

” Uh, nuclear weaponry, of course, would be the be-all, end-all of just too many people and too many parts of our planet so those dangerous regimes again cannot be allowed to acquire nukuler weapons, period.”

Yikes.

The polls are showing a solid Biden victory pretty much across the board. Palin didn't go totally blank-faced and freeze up like she did over and over in the Couric interviews, but holy cow, that's about as low a standard as one could ever come up with. We should expect a lot more out of our candidates. Biden was competent, composed, and showed he at least knew what he was saying.

And rattler, please. Obama has a tax cut planned for 95% of the households out there, including you and me. Stop saying he wants to increase taxes. It's just not true.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my two bits:

Palin Gave shoutouts in a completely unrelated question/answer segment.

That is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it was just me, but Palin seemed overly rehearsed. Flat-out dodging questions never helps either. Biden seemed more plastic and seemed to get a better grasp of the questions, and thus his answers were better delivered.

Personally, I don't like Palin's homeyness; it adds frosting to her inexperienced-based cake.
    -Joel from Southern California

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lame distortion of the facts..

using that logic, Biden has "been at this" for 6 weeks..

and McCain has "been at this" for 5 months, while Obama has "been at this" for only 4 months..

That gives McCain/Palin a combined 6 months and 1 week of experience,
    while Obama/Biden only have 5 months and 2 weeks of experience..

therefore McCain/Palin are SO much more worthy to govern!!

I hate pointless distoritions like that..
    you should know better than that PAK!
    My point was that Palin herself is painfully aware that she is out of her league with this. I'll bet you my bottom dollar she has said to herself many times "What did I get myself into!" :P

I have nothing against her other than...she isn't qualified for THIS job.

The governor of VA was on Obama "list". I was pleased to hear this as Tim Kaine is from Richmond, was our Mayor (and a good one) and then became our Governor. Despite my liking for Tim Kaine, I did not want him to be Obama's choice for running for exactly the same reason I don't want Palin elected. HE doesn't have enough experience for the VP job. I am hoping Obama will give him some position where he can get some good executive experience and perhaps in the future Kaine will run for President. But he was no more ready than Palin is. McCain's choice of her was a last ditch political maneuver which I think has failed him miserably.

I too noticed the dodges (forgot to mention that). There were several occasions when she was asked a question, where she said "Can I just go back to the such-and-such an issue"...and then never got back to the original question.

And I agree with Capslock...if you see the transcripts of her words, a lot of what she is saying makes NO sense. She just...talks.

The fact is...neither candidate can follow through with their pre-bail-out platforms. They will both have to adjust to fit the ever-worsening outlook for our country.

I still hold Bush accountable for the USA losing its world standing. 8 years ago we were considered the greatest country in the world. Now we are just a continuing tragedy in world headlines...and not in a good way.

-----------
    haha...I just saw where Google Ads inserted a Biden/Palin ad.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Man, no matter what you say you are gonna get clobbered," Palin told Fox about her heavily-scrutinized performance. "You choose to answer you are going to get clobbered on the answer. If you choose to pivot and try to go onto another subject that you believe Americans want to hear about, you get clobbered for that too."
    lol Ahhhhh...so I see Palin sees not answering a question she's been asked as "pivoting" to a better subject.

Yeah...it's called dodging...not answering a question you know you can't intelligently answer.

Palin speak: "We have trade missions back and forth, we do. It’s very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia. As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It’s Alaska. It’s just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there, they are right next to our state."

Well, I'll think about all this and...get back to ya!

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still hold Bush accountable for the USA losing its world standing. 8 years ago we were considered the greatest country in the world. Now we are just a continuing tragedy in world headlines...and not in a good way.
    explain.......

Caps..................anyone with half a brain can see what Obama wants to do aint realistic......you cant tax the top 5% that CREATE the jobs, CREATE the goods and services we use.....cut taxes on everyone else and then add a form of socialized health care to the budget.......which is a money pit in every country that uses it.......Canada is going to be broke in a decade or two because of it unless they do some MAJOR reform to their system

to tax the top 5% means they are going to do what needs to be done to make money which means shipping more jobs over seas, shutting doors, cutting positions ect......want to do the best for the average joe? cut taxes on the top 5% and encourage them to expand their businesses and creat more jobs, give them more tax breaks so they pick up the tab for employee health insurance.....yep add a windfall tax to the oil companies just as the price of gas is falling......thats brilliant........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the debate and all I can say is wow... both candidates suck. All they did was about nothing. When will our voting system be fixed so that popular vote wins or at least divide electoral colleges based on voting instead of winner take all? I feel like next election when I can vote it wont matter.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast