Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Post VP debate thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rattler, we see the results of the tax cuts for the ultra rich! Did it create jobs? No, we've lost hundreds of thousands of jobs! Did it spur the economy? No! It put us into a recession, and saddled us with massive deficits. Obama just wants to restore some sanity to the tax policies, give a break to the group that needs it and is struggling, and puts the burden back on those who have gotten richer in our declining economy! Under Obama's plan, those rich people will simply go back to paying what they did in the Reagan years.

Trickle-down economics is an abject failure. The rich have gotten richer and the poor are worse off than they were before. Giving money and breaks to the already-rich makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't trickle down - it gushes UP. The results speak for themselves. Just look at the last eight years of deficits and rising unemployment and inflation. Look at the Reagan years of massive deficits and recession. The people who create jobs are small businesses, 95% of which won't get any tax increases under Obama, and the majority of which will receive tax cuts. Prosperity has to start from the bottom and build upwards. Giant corporations, with their lobbyists and cronies, have failed us miserably. Their greed and corruption are deep. It's time the government starts representing us instead of them. You and I both run small businesses. We are the engine of the economy, not the Exxons and Wal-Marts and Enrons. Those are the parasites of the economy.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generic Palin response:

There's a time when Americans are going to say, "Enough is enough with your ticket (Obama/Biden)," on constantly looking backwards, and pointing fingers, and doing the blame game. I've joined this team that is a team of mavericks with John McCain, also, with his track record of reform, where we're known for putting partisan politics aside to just get the job done for the people of America. Positive change is coming. Reform of government is coming. We'll learn from the past mistakes in this administration and other administrations. I want to assure all of the soccer moms and joe sixpacks out there that John McCain and I, we're going to fight for America. We're going to fight for the middle-class, average, everyday American families like mine. And we're going to forge ahead with putting government back on the side of the people and making sure that our country comes first, putting obsessive partisanship aside. That's why we need to send the maverick from the Senate and put him in the White House, and I'm happy to join him there. [Whew! Is that 90 seconds?]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yah know if Obama would just say......"I believe everyone in the US needs to have health insurance and it may require everyone pitching in a bit to do it for the betterment" i would have alot more faith in him on that, i wouldnt agree with him but i would have less issues with him on it. but what he is saying aint realistic to me.

i dont get where your issue is with giving tax breaks to help employers pitch in for health insurance........be it Exxon or you and me......if they give employees health insurance they get a tax break, if they dont they dont ........

actually push comes to shove i would MUCH prefer a flat nation wide sales tax and get rid of the IRS.....that would also take away most my complaining on illegal immigration cause they would be paying their fair share aswell.....

i aint interested in socialized medicine.....ive seen how OUR country handles it on a small scale, cant imagine how bad they would f'it up when 300 million ppl are concerned, or even half that number if the rest go with private.....

as far as the resession.....polititions like Obama and Biden have more blaim than Bush.......Bush has us in a war sure but we will likely be 90% out of there inside 10 years reguardless of who is president.....most of the at home stuff goes twords the housing bubble bursting which is a direct result of the democrates and was started by Clinton in 1995.......every time someone tried to reign in Fannie Mae and company the democrats cried racism and elitism, in that they were trying to keep low income families out of homes.....add that to the fact we cant get refineries built at home or punch more holes off the coast or the north slope because of those same democrates with the vast majority of our refineries being in hurricane prone areas what in the hell do you think was going to happen with the price of gas? if we had started drilling more at home and building more refineries at home 10 or 15 years ago we wouldnt be in this mess now.......

ill take trickle down economics over the highway robbery of wealth redistribution anyday.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now come on, trickle down economics IS wealth redistribution. It's just the reverse of Robin Hood - stealing from the poor and giving to the rich. It doesn't work, it hasn't worked, and here we are.

Also, 8 years later, isn't it just a bit silly to blame the banking mess on Clinton? This crisis is due to the deregulation pushed by conservatives for decades (especially Keating Five member John McCain). It is NOT because Clinton et al tried to stop racist redlining based on neighborhoods. Rather, it is due to lax oversight and greedy lenders wildly over leveraging their investments. But apart from the banking mess, inflation is still WAY up (don't look at the cooked numbers, look at your real life), unemployment is up, the rich have gotten MUCH MUCH richer (and still haven't got around to creating jobs yet, LOL!), and the poor have gotten poorer. By design. Oil companies like Exxon have been fleecing us to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars in profits. It's not creating jobs, it's not trickling down. They just get richer and richer, laughing all the way to the bank.

Capitalism and competition work at the small business level. We're the ones who need less regulation and tax breaks. We're the ones taking risks and creating jobs. People with hundreds of millions of dollars coming to them in golden parachutes and executive bonuses don't give a crap about creating jobs or making sure their employees have health insurance or good salaries. And these bums have been calling the shots in this country for too long.

The number of uninsured and under-insured people in this country is a disgrace! The number one cause of personal bankruptcy in this country is medical bills people can't afford to pay. Other nations don't have this problem. They grew up and realized that EVERYONE needs medical care, and that it just doesn't make sense to have private insurance companies making billions in profits by getting between us and our doctors. Our health care system is a mess. I also wish Obama would just say that we need universal coverage. Because we do. We pay double what most countries do for medical care, and the statistics (mortality rates, etc.) show we aren't even getting the best care. It's time for Americans to realize we can learn a thing or two from other nations. Hell, even a poor country like Costa Rica pays for medical care for every person under 18 years old. If they can do it, why are we leaving so many people out? What's wrong with us?

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you think im stretching for bringing in Clinton you really have no clue about what is going on and how we got here....Clinton is the one that dropped the oversite and allowed the idiotic lending cause he gave impression the government was going to guarantee them......this is one mess you CAN NOT blaim on the conservatives......this one rest completely on the shoulders of the Democrats from 95 on in both the presidency and congress....the senate committee that was supposed to over see it was completely in the control of the Democrats even while the republicans were in the majority....McCain tried to get it out of committee while there was a republican majority but it got stalled in committee until 2007........

tax breaks aint stealing from the poor if your also cutting government spending........only stealing from the poor if you refuse to cut the crap......

as far as the health care........for example, i have 3 employees that are enrolled tribal members on this reservation......they receive free health care via the local IHS clinic......free medical, free eye, free dental.......all would be considered low income by anyone(hell im borderline low income).....all three choose to take money out of their check each week so they can participate in our health insurance that the wife and i have cause they dont want to deal with the free care they can get through our tax dollars......our government cant handle doing socialized health care on a small scale what makes you think they can on a large scale?
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly (I have no clue if I do, I was like 6 or 7 at the time) bush got ride of the bill that closes the stock market for the day if the stock prices dropped to much and locks prices into place so they can't drop any more, only rise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some history shall we............

cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, I'm worried now, rattler's youtube videos never play for me.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast