User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 49 to 56 of 82

Thread: Post VP debate thread

  1. #49
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's ONE of the reasons why we're in the hole we're in:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSze_Ad7GpE
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  2. #50
    rattler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    missing, presumed dead
    Posts
    8,554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i really dont care for O'Reilly......he could of tore Frank a new rear without screaming and yelling and come off much better in the process.....in the end though i think O'Reilly is right i think how he did it makes him look like an idiot.....course i guess screaming and yelling is what ppl want to watch
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

  3. #51

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The McCain campaign is sequestering Sarah Palin from the media, afraid that she will make comments similar to those she made in the Couric interview, when some of her answers were just plain goofy. She is now giving only prepared speeches and not answering any questions posed by reporters. All that the American public knows from looking at and listening to Sarah Palin is that she can give a pretty good prepared speech, that she often didn’t know what she was talking about during the Couric interview, and that she pulled it together for the debate just enough so she could string together words and phrases, bringing a big sigh of relief to her supporters. Still, she showed that she is not familiar with a broad range of issues. Large portions of many of her answers were so generic that they could have been used to respond to any other question.

    Palintology (pay’ lin taw’ low jee) n. The study of the transcript of the 2008 U.S. vice-presidential debate and other artifacts related to Sarah Palin to determine what she meant, if anything.

  4. #52
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropics View Post
    The McCain campaign is sequestering Sarah Palin from the media, afraid that she will make comments similar to those she made in the Couric interview, when some of her answers were just plain goofy. She is now giving only prepared speeches and not answering any questions posed by reporters. All that the American public knows from looking at and listening to Sarah Palin is that she can give a pretty good prepared speech, that she often didn’t know what she was talking about during the Couric interview, and that she pulled it together for the debate just enough so she could string together words and phrases, bringing a big sigh of relief to her supporters. Still, she showed that she is not familiar with a broad range of issues. Large portions of many of her answers were so generic that they could have been used to respond to any other question.

    Palintology (pay’ lin taw’ low jee) n. The study of the transcript of the 2008 U.S. vice-presidential debate and other artifacts related to Sarah Palin to determine what she meant, if anything.
    What a surprise, another attempt to attack Sarah Palin! The days of Fey and Couric are over. Both of them will have to find new careers because Palin proved in the debate with Biden that she isn't the caricature that the liberal media has been trying to paint her. In case you didn't know that's a gun toting, moronic, Christian zealot.

    How is Obama going to fix the economic crisis here when he's the #2 receiver of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac?
    (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,423701,00.html)

    Lets not forget Rev. Wright, Obama's great mentor and pastor of 20 years, who married Obama and Michelle and baptized his own children too. He threw him under the bus for political gain. Actually lets be honest here, the only reason Obama attended Wright's church was for political gain and gaining Christian evangelical support. This man is an empty suit, full of words, epiphanies and nothing else. His paper trail is about as long as an empty toilet paper roll. He's the most liberal person in the Democratic Party, with the least experience, running a campaign based on change yet picking a VP that's been in Congress longer than McCain.

    Obama says he's not ready to be President:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BnLozS-TnM

    Biden says Obama's not ready to be President:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpjAs4vtc1w

    The choice is simple.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  5. #53
    Capslock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Outsiders, you got almost all of that wrong. First, the Couric interview speaks for itself. And the polls show Biden easily won the debate where Palin could only give rehersed, generic answers unrelated to the questions. The polls were especially skewed among "undecideds."

    And in fact the McCain camp has been very careful to shield Palin from the media (and they have you under the bizarre impression it's improper even to criticize her). She should be out there taking questions every day. Doing in-depth interviews in the same way that Obama, McCain, and Biden do. But no, they specifically won't let her. Why do you think that is? The answer is the Couric interview, where Palin couldn't answer very mild, easy questions.

    As far as Tina Fey - haha - that's just a bad break. I actually feel sorry for Palin for this - what are the chances they have someone who can do a dead-on masterful impersonation? Of course, she is easy to parody, you know, what with being a gun-toting, moronic, Christian zealot (and you do NOT want to compare pastors with Obama and Palin, believe me.)

    Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

    My photos are copyright-free and public domain

  6. #54
    rattler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    missing, presumed dead
    Posts
    8,554
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All that the American public knows from looking at and listening to Sarah Palin is that she can give a pretty good prepared speech, that she often didn’t know what she was talking about during the Couric interview,
    the first one sounds like Obama and the second part sounds like Biden.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

  7. #55
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    Wow, Outsiders, you got almost all of that wrong. First, the Couric interview speaks for itself.
    So shall we base everything of Obama and Biden based on an interview with Bill O'reilly? Couric never meant to interview Palin, she was out to rip her a new one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    And the polls show Biden easily won the debate where Palin could only give rehersed, generic answers unrelated to the questions. The polls were especially skewed among "undecideds."
    I disagree, I think it was a tie, until you did a fact check. Then it was a win for Palin. First off polls mean nothing. Did you answer to the poll? Did I? Did anybody on here? No. Polls are simple. Whoever is in favor of X says X wins. The people who are "undecided" are leaners, meaning they aren't sitting in the dead middle, they have a good idea already who they are voting for. So in other words it means nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    And in fact the McCain camp has been very careful to shield Palin from the media (and they have you under the bizarre impression it's improper even to criticize her). She should be out there taking questions every day. Doing in-depth interviews in the same way that Obama, McCain, and Biden do. But no, they specifically won't let her. Why do you think that is? The answer is the Couric interview, where Palin couldn't answer very mild, easy questions.
    Are you that oblivious to the media bias of this Presidential campaign? They've been shoving Obama since the primaries. They overlook everything he and Biden says or does. The only thing the media has paid attention to was Rev. Wright, and that was softly passed through the "machine". So explain to me why it would be smart for Palin to be handed over to a bunch of liberal networks who do nothing but blow the Obama horn 24/7? They don't want to interview her, and you could careless to hear Palin's positions. You just want Palin to be reemed by liberals like Couric for popcorn value.

    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    As far as Tina Fey - haha - that's just a bad break. I actually feel sorry for Palin for this - what are the chances they have someone who can do a dead-on masterful impersonation? Of course, she is easy to parody, you know, what with being a gun-toting, moronic, Christian zealot (and you do NOT want to compare pastors with Obama and Palin, believe me.)

    Capslock
    I'd gladly compare Obama's pastor to Palins any day. Rev. Wright would mop the floor and polish it.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  8. #56
    Whats it to ya? Finch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palin is the one who swung my vote. I actually liked McCain better than Obama, and Biden is... Biden.

    But Palin is a frikin' joke. Palin does not seem to be "intellectuality curios," just like Bush. She has deep ties to the oil industry also, is for teaching creationism. She is distinctly average... and I believe most people do not have what it takes to be president, I believe it takes much more than just smarts (and more smarts than most people at that). I want someone who knows what they are doing... or has a clue. Obama doesn't have it, and there is no way in heck Palin has it. With McCain's age and all, Palin in the white house is a distinct possibility. I think Obama is better suited to diplomacy with other nations by far, even though what he has does not amount to much.

    How do I know? Because I once lived in Maine! Its right next to Canada, therefore I know of foreign policy! [/sarcasm]
    that makes no logic

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •