Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Post VP debate thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't look at polls for elections. Why? Because how do we know that these numbers aren't just made up? I mean, these polls CLAIM to be the votes of who people think did better, but how do we know they just aren't made up numbers for who the news channel likes? Just a thought I had.
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which is why i brought up the whole Gore having a 10 point lead in the polls up to and including the election day......i dont put alot of faith in them even if they are telling me what i want to hear
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I agree with you on this. Most polls aren't nearly as accurate as they seem. I'm just saying as a measure of who won the debate, it's all we have. And it is an indication of who won, just a rough one due to the nature of polling.

Max
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright......for those who made fun of Palins pronunciation.......please tell me where Obama's Pokistan is?
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    What do you think Couric asked that was so biased or out to ream her? Those questions were softballs. I could have answered them. Easily. That was a puff piece, not a trap. Out to rip her a new one? Did you even watch it? It was gentle!
    If you took your blinders off you could see she attacked her on everything that is counter to Couric's feministic views.

Every major poll showed a Biden victory in the debate, and national polls trended towards Obama after the Biden debate. I'm a news junky, Outsiders - I look at tons of sources, right and left leaning.
    Once again did you vote in that poll? Polls are only good if everyone takes the time to participate and guess what nobody does. I'd like to see the actual total number of votes in that poll. The people who are for Obama say Obama did better. The people who are for McCain vote that McCain did better. Do you think that people are honestly going to grade their candidate fairly?

I watched the debate and listened to the political analysts on several of the stations after the debate. They all pretty much said it was a draw and that Palin did a great job destroying the caricature that the media has been trying to draw.

The mainstream corporate media has no bias except for a corporatist bias and sensationalist bias. The fact is that the McCain camp is shielding Palin from the media because she says embarrassing things. Nobody else is hidden from the media like that. Just Palin. And it's not right. If she's going to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency, she has to be able to handle Kaite Couric's softball questions.
    You're being naive if you believe there is no media bias. Heck MSNBC had to lock up Olbermann and Matthews because their slanted skewed journalism created a backlash at the RNC and their ratings.

You are also naive if you can't see that Couric is the polar opposite of Palin. They fundamentally disagree on each others views.

Oh, by the way, as far as Pastors go, Palin palls around with crazy witch doctors, Outsiders. Witch. Doctors. Crazy-*** witch doctors. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/17/202137/657

Capslock
    How is Pastor Muthee a "witch doctor"? Secondly I know you understand that the majority of the people in the United States believe in a God, such as myself, so why is it surprising to you that there is another force out there besides God? Witch craft, sorcery, demons... if God exists then these things exist as well. BTW, just a FYI, dailykos is a liberal media outlet in case you thought they were independent thinkers.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Palin is a young-earth creationist! She seriously believes Jesus is returning during her life time, which makes her position in regards to the nuclear codes that much more scary.
    OK this is a crock of poop. Show me a clip of Palin saying these things. She never did. It was made up garbage from a second hand source. Secondly no one knows for sure how old the Earth is. Thirdly, Jesus could come at anytime.

She just got her first passport last year! In school, she bounced around to multiple universities before getting a journalism degree from Idaho, where people don't seem to even remember her.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...rofessors.html
    I don't have a passport, do you? Are you trying to suggest that a passport is the key to understanding and having solutions to foreign policy questions? That's laughable.

You're snubbing her because she went to different colleges?

Obama graduated near the top of his class from Harvard Law School, magna cum laude, and was editor of the Harvard Law Review. There really is no comparison on capacity here.

Capslock
    President's aren't picked by the colleges they attend or the GPA's they maintain. There is no degree in college that corresponds to the Presidency. It's amazing how liberals cling to college, as if it's the source of all enlightenment. It's been my experience that those who have degrees, aren't as educated as you're expectations would lead you to think.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    So shall we base everything of Obama and Biden based on an interview with Bill O'reilly? Couric never meant to interview Palin, she was out to rip her a new one.
    Rip her a new one? Hardly. Any sort of media bias, in my opinion, is solely based on the McCain campaign (especially in regard to Governor Palin) since she has been hidden. Her third interview in just over a month since she was made the nominee? Seriously? Of course she's going to get the "heavy" and "hard" questions since she hasn't said anything of substance, except attacking Obama (if you call that substance). And by "heavy" and "hard" I simply mean questions that a VP candidate should be able to answer. Could it be possibly be that maybe Palin was so under-prepared and lacked so much knowledge in that interview that even Mary Poppins would seem to be "ripping her a new one?"

Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    First off polls mean nothing. Did you answer to the poll? Did I? Did anybody on here? No. Polls are simple. Whoever is in favor of X says X wins. The people who are "undecided" are leaners, meaning they aren't sitting in the dead middle, they have a good idea already who they are voting for. So in other words it means nothing.
    Polls mean nothing? The basic statistic class I took in college shows that polls do mean something. You are correct that whoever is in favor of X says X wins. It comes down to the method of polling and the sampling. Of course if you ask 100 McCain supporters they will say McCain; but, it is ludicrous to think that mainstream polling by professional pollers would be skewed. Are you correct in thinking they are not 100% perfect? Yes, but that is why there is such a thing as a fundamental margin of error that is substantiated by statistical formulas.

Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    Personally I want someone who has a good connect to the "Average person" how else are the things that matter to YOU and ME, the "Average" people, going to get done?
    Can we not have both? I think we can, and I expect that we will.

Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    They say things like "I don;t care if you don't work. I still want to give you $1000 for your vote" That is what I hear with everything Obama says. I want to take from the rich and give it to the deadbeats who refuse to work hard to get ahead.
    I hardly think that is what he is saying, at all. What he is clearly saying is "I want to take from the rich and help all the "deadbeats" in middle class who are only "deadbeats" because times happen to be tough right now.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock.....xvart........if you two think the major media is unbiased you do have your head in the sand........my wife who hates both Obama and McCain and consistently says she is voting for Ron Paul and who is a third generation newspaper publisher cannot believe how biased the major media is for Obama and against McCain........if the major media went after Obama half as hard as they have McCain we would have Clinton up there debating McCain and not Obama cause he would have been brushed to the side a year ago
    cervid serial killer

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast