Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Presidential Debate 2 Discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Presidential Debate 2 Discussion

Well, let's get the ball rolling.

Mccain was definitely the aggressor today, which is no surprise since he's been slipping in the polls. He was clearly comfortable in the town hall setting.

Barrack played it cool, but got in a few punches including the infamous "Bomb Iran" song. I liked his JFK reference.

Once again there was no clear winner, and I'm sure the polls will be mixed for the next few days. Anywho, I'll hand this thread off to rattler, capslock, and company ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once again a worthless debate...............
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler_mt View Post
    once again a worthless debate...............
    I am just now watching the replays, but I tend to agree. Just a bunch of stump speeches thrown in the guise of responding to questions. However, I'm interested in how the candidates react to each other, although nothing spectacular has come out yet.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My question becomes:

Who is McCain's real hero- FDR or Reagan? Maybe if I look at his extensive voting record...

I still have 40 minutes to watch (another night!) But McCain did manage to goad Obama at least once, rather cleverly. I was surprised that Obama let his anger get the better of him. McCain says refers to "my friends" more often than his running mate says "maverick." There were a few points where Obama could have scored big, but then kept rambling. Apparently knowing when to shut up is not something that the candidates feel voters value in a President.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friends, it is interesting to think that the content of the presidential campaign is so vapid this time 'round that most of the spin I hear is bast on subtext and emotion as opposed to the debates at hand.

My friends, I do feel that McCain completely pwnt(for lack of a better term) on the grounds that he quite literally has managed to steal the entire Democratic platform. Everything from 'change' to green jobs and healthcare and put the Republican twist on it. I commend him for that.

My friends, Polls are putting Obama in a steady lead though. Once again, I'm a big D all the way, so, in an attempt to claim a non-biased position, there was no energy in the whole debate. Two years of campaigning have worn on these candidates, and it shows on both counts now that the last stretch approaches. Ultimately, Obama focused on the issues as much as he could, McCain on military service and his history in the armed forces.

My friends, I continue to be thankful that I have yet to be truly sucked into politics. Fascinating stuff though.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have said this in my first post, but I was surprised about McCain's plan to buy up housing. I didn't expect that.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useless drivel.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friends, I do feel that McCain completely pwnt(for lack of a better term) on the grounds that he quite literally has managed to steal the entire Democratic platform. Everything from 'change' to green jobs and healthcare and put the Republican twist on it. I commend him for that.
    you just noticed this tonight? this is why alot of republicans dont like him.....

as far as putting someone elses twist on stuff....Obama's speech on how he will deal with "Pokistan" if they dont take care of the terrorists themselves is pure Bush....

not sure if this keeps going over Obama's head though but he keeps preaching on bills McCain voted against and such that go against what he says he is for......well one major thing McCain is against is pork spending and he has voted against alot of bills he would have been for if they werent loaded down with pork.....

BTW every fact check places i have seen ALL say McCain was crying out that Fannie Mae and company needed regulation far before Obama........so Obama is full of crap on that point consistently.....all say that while McCain is for deregulation in most things he has wanted more regulatory oversight on these programs for a looooooong time....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast