What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dow.

• Thread starter DrWurm
  • Start date

DrWurm

Californian in DC
IT'S UNDER NINE THOUSSSSAAAAAAAND!

Jokes aside, this sucks, big time.

who made the rule it has to stay over 10,000? yeah it sucks for those that have money invested but if you have spikes you also have valleys......things dont stay high forever.......notice this is happening even with the bailout......

Because the government just throws money at problems... instead of stopping to think how we got here and how to keep it from happening again.

If you ask me its on sale and if I had the money to I would invest some now since it will go back up, in my opinion.

neal yeah i would say its going to go back up aswell......when is the real question.....for the youngins that have time to ride it out its not actually that big of a deal.....for those looking to retire in say the next 2-5 years it is.............

if i had a few extra grand i would be doing alot of research right now and seeing what i could pick up cheap that is likely to bounce back strong.....

The scary part is that the US government and so many people were so far in debt at the end of a long boom period. The idea is to store food before winter so you don't have to be searching for it as the first snow falls.

The bottom is not in sight, as the commercial paper market is still in a deep freeze. Unfortunately, things can get a lot worse, and it looks like they will. More banks will fail. More businesses will fail. Unemployment will increase. Homelessness will rise, and so will crime. We just don't know by how much. And we don't know how long the crisis will last. It could be years. Everyone should re-evaluate their situation in light of possible new future scenarios that we face that were not even in our consciousness a few weeks ago. By making adjustments, each of us can minimize the effects of this crisis on our lives. I hope all of us emerge from it relatively unscathed.

yep.....going to do what i can.....gonna quite paying extra on the house and student loans my wife has and just make the regular payment and invest in more fruit trees and bushes on my parents land which they own 100%.........push comes to shove i cant eat stocks.....can eat apples, peaches and berries......may buy a few head of cattle and run them with my uncles.....also going to invest heavily in steel, copper, lead and brass........

also going to invest heavily in steel, copper, lead and brass

Excellent idea, if all goes well, in my opinion, we should see a resurgence of manufacturing in the world before long. Also consider anything relating to energy and communication, the good ol' standbys.

We just cleared out all saving in stocks. The values were dropping like rocks so we froze it pretty quick. I'm still concerned since one job I have is state based, the other depends on rich people with relatively expendable incomes. I wonder which will bomb first?

I live near a lot of ranches, however. If need be I live in a community that can operate fairly self-sufficiently and I'm sure if we really, REALLY tanked, everyone's gonna be planting seed by hand in a couple years.

Although, if High School interviews with octegenarians has any bearing, it's really on the urban fat cats(and chubby kitties, for gradient's sake) who have a problem. Podunk America doesn't really have to worry much :D

lol you misunderstood me..........

the credit crunch is only really affecting the massive players such as Boeing and such which require credit to make payroll before the planes they build are shipped out and the buyer cuts the final check........small businesses like me, unless they were having issues 2 years ago aint really feeling much of a crunch on credit.....we are still buying our paper, ink, plates, negatives ect on credit and having no issues.....i know one store locally that closed down cause they were having issues on this sort of thing, but they were having issues a couple years ago and had actually closed up shop before this hit......the local grocery store isnt having any issues and they deal heavily on credit, prolly more so than any other local business.......

This reminds me of a famous quote by economist John Kenneth Galbraith:

One of the largest and most important questions facing the governments of the industrial countries is that the economics profession - I choose my words with care - is intellectually bankrupt. It might as well not exist.

i think it is time we think hard about who we put into power cause it directly impacts how we live and what we live for! worst thing is, we don`t always have the right answer to solve the problem...

Back