What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windowsill question.

• Thread starter Capensis
  • Start date
Hullo :3. I have a question about windowsill growing...do you guys leave the windows open so that light won't be reduced?

Yeah, I leave the winodows open all the time if I'm growing indoors.

If it's no skin off your nose, leave the window open.

If there's any compelling reason to close the window (temperature, wind, etc,) closing it shouldn't be a big deal. My windowsill plants grow just fine with the window closed (granted they still have the direct light for the majority of the day.)

If it's no skin off your nose, leave the window open.

If there's any compelling reason to close the window (temperature, wind, etc,) closing it shouldn't be a big deal. My windowsill plants grow just fine with the window closed (granted they still have the direct light for the majority of the day.)
There is about one month here when its okay to leave the windows open 24-7, but otherwise I keep them closed and I haven't noticed any effects on my plants. It really shouldn't have any big consequence for your plants.

I wouldn't in Antarctica, though! :-D

My best looking pings were the result of growing them at a window sill that had the storm window up and the screen window down. It let in enough light to turn the plants pink / purple. I'm sure that would also be good for sundews and bladdeworts as well.

I can't do it for one simple reason: My dad would hate it. -dies-

it`s all based on you needs, if you can leave it open, then by all means, when the temp drops however, i would think it`d be best to close it. my windows are open year round. only when temps drop at night do we close them, meaning i freeze all year round because my gf hates having the windows closed. she is a walking furnace.

Back