What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you out there, Joe?!

• Thread starter xvart
  • Start date
take your income....send the feds say 5% you keep the rest......some one who gets $20,000 a year pays 10 times less than someone that makes $200,000 a year........and they pay 10 times less than someone who makes $2,000,000..........anyway yah cut it its still 5%of their total gross income.......why should someone that gets paid $200,000 gross get raped by the feds when someone who makes $20,000 gets more back than they paid in? please tell me the logic behind that........

Because, simply, 5% of your income would not be classified as getting raped by the feds. The figure that the higher income people pay looks big on paper if ya just look at how much $ was given, but if you look at how much they actually have and how much they make, it really is not that much at all… now a flat tax at a rate that actually could support this country… and you make $20,000 a year and you have to pay 50% in taxes or some other huge figure… that is what I would call getting raped by the government.

But seriously it is a fundamental difference in viewpoints on what is fair and what isn’t… don’t think we would be going anywhere with this.

well you also got to figure i would be taking a hatchet to the federal budget if i got my way...no more DEA, no more ATF, 95% of the IRS would be gone, BIA would be gone....ect... :D

Hurmm… well that would certainly make any subsequent taxes lower. Oh, while you are at it try to axe all the dang acronym names of the agencies you keep too ;)

well hell, anyone with half a brain knows if yah want to lower taxes you got to cut spending.....im game for that :D ......a flat tax means you could fill out your taxes on a post card, no need for most of the IRS anymore....and the others? well i think they are a waste of tax payer money.....

Back