What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plugged in permanent

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I was just curious is there's any drawbacks (like a fire) to leaving a Laptop computer plugged in all the time?
Years ago there were reports of Laptops bursting into flames but I don't recall if the fires were started by bad rechargeable Laptop batteries or from being plugged in all the time.

was a battery issue........there are no problems that im aware of in leaving it plugged in all the time.....mine is as is my wifes....

With my mom's the black box thing on the cord gets super hot, so we don't leave it plugged in.

on a side note.....i wouldnt leave it sitting on a sofa or the like, ours battery can get fairly hot though it aint one of the defective ones, so we always leave it on a table and not on the furniture

OOOHHH, AAAHHHH :-O Just like the 4th of July right out of the PC! They should have shown what happens if someone does dump water on that, or a cup of coffee. That's likely what most people will have at hand and might do in a panic if they didn't know not to, myself included until seeing that video.

My laptops power supply sits on the tile floor under the midi keyboard but the power supply is cold to the touch - you made me look! Does it only heat up when you're running the machine? The Battery on mine seems like a joke, I don't think it holds more than a 2-3 hours charge and it's nearly brand new. Maybe they never run longer than that on the Battery? I imagined people used them for whole 12 hour trans-Atlantic flights but not mine!

"the best strategy would be to move away from the laptop quickly."
...You can't beat this kind of advice :)

Back