What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCain and the Hubble Space Telescope, Oh My!

Today seems to be a very special day. Senator John McCain is in town. I would've REALLY liked to go, but my mom hates McCain...Lol. Plus, he will speak/spoke at BCC, a community college, in the auditorium, so it will most likely be full. Even if I'm going for Obama, I still would've liked to see one of the presidential candidates in person. Oh well :(.

Not only that, at 8:19 here, the Hubble Space Telescope will be visible for a short time, so hopefully some of you might see this spectacular occurance (it will be visible if you look west). I hope I manage to see it :-O

P.S: Please, don't start a political debate ;)

Not only that, at 8:19 here, the Hubble Space Telescope will be visible for a short time, so hopefully some of you might see this spectacular occurance (it will be visible if you look west). I hope I manage to see it :-O

Wow. That's cool. I hope you see it. I'll need to read up a little more on this. Thanks for sharing this tidbit of information.

xvart.

~1 hour left till it appears...if I can see it and lights aren't that bright.

Very cool about the Hubble.

When I was out camping for a geology/astro class a few weeks ago we saw the ISS go overhead. Was a very cool experience/feeling. :)

The ISS!? That must've been a very cool experience. I'll try to get some photos or a video, Idk.

The ISS!? That must've been a very cool experience. I'll try to get some photos or a video, Idk.

Yeah, it was awesome. It was SO bright. And since we were out camping the night sky was really very dark, could easily make out the Milky Way dust belt any everything.

Hope you enjoy your viewing experience. :)

No luck :-( We thought some planes were the Hubble, but we found out they were just planes. There was one ominous thing in the sky, it had lights like a plane, but it never made a sound and it was going rather fast. ??? I'll look up if there was anything on this.

Back