What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obama's prime-time ad skips over budget realities.

This is topical and relatively sharp (I think the punchline could've been delivered better, from an artistic standpoint,) but it seems like a skewed interpretation of Obama's comments. Campaign donation is very different from commerce, economically speaking. I think a more accurate retort on Obama's part would've been, "Taxpayers worked hard for that money and gave it to me because they chose support my candidacy."
Why do political cartoons always seem to beat the joke into the ground before the last panel?
~Joe

i thought it was funny......ran across it sometime last week and when i read NeciFiX post i immediately remembered it and spent 20 minutes trying to track it down :D

It's pretty funny. I also agree that the punch line could have been better. In fact, I don't even think it needed the punch line.

xvart.

It's good turnabout, but Obama doesn't react like that in the press. It would've come off better if they'd portrayed him as whiny/pouty. Or, like xvart said, cut it at the second frame.
~Joe

Back