What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Election night plans?

So, at risk of starting yet another argument, which channel(s) is everyone going to be watching or listening to on election night for the poll returns?
Why that channel?
Do you have any plans to have pals over to watch together?
U gonna watch at home alone with a delivered pizza?

What is everyone's plans for Tuesday evening?

So, at risk of starting yet another argument, which channel(s) is everyone going to be watching or listening to on election night for the poll returns?
Why that channel?
Do you have any plans to have pals over to watch together?
U gonna watch at home alone with a delivered pizza?

CNN, FOX, and the local SF news when the riots begin -- "righteous wind" or not -- wind being the operative word there. I would have to limit it to those few channels. I just don't think that I could possibly watch Chris Matthews gush, swoon, or "tingle" any further. For the sound of the approaching hoofbeats, I think that pizza -- maybe clam and garlic -- is in order.

In terms of San Francisco politics, if anyone out there managed to see the classic South Park episode, entitled "Smug Alert", it fits to a tee -- either that, or the all too common Castro Street studded collar and ball gag . . .

dont see a point in watching any polls nor the news all night....no matter which wins its going to be a very close race and they will be doing recounts here there and everywhere..........aint going to worry bout it to much, will likely check the news before going to sleep but until then ill watch something more entertaining.......

dont see a point in watching any polls nor the news all night....no matter which wins its going to be a very close race and they will be doing recounts here there and everywhere..........aint going to worry bout it to much, will likely check the news before going to sleep but until then ill watch something more entertaining.......
I've been toying with the idea of trying to stay away from election updates until the next morning (when it should be pretty much finalized :crazy: ). I'm interested to see if I actually have the restraint .....:scratch:

Watch the news... and then CELEBRATE when it's all over!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np6vAuS0KNs

Hilarious video reference! I'll probably end up sitting around like a junkie on the couch watching CNN until my eyes and ears bleed. I love this stuff and all the commentary, political analysis, and "expert" opinions.

xvart.

My sister was in highschool chrous in the 80's..

in 1983, (the year Star Wars episode VI was out)
the school chrous concert feeatured..that Ewok "yub nub" song!

imagine a stage full of junior high kids all singling that song..
in complete "ewok language"..
it was awful..the worst thing I have ever heard or seen in my life..

im emotionally scarred to this day..

Scot

I plan on having my TV set to the PS3 where I will be laying waste to mutant alien hordes

I plan on having my TV set to the PS3 where I will be laying waste to mutant alien hordes

Pretty much my plans also: Dead Space on 360. I'm so tired of politics, we already know who won, and I'm so glad the election is finally here so we can just get it behind us.

ROFL Scot!!! I can only imagine the horror - similar to the horror I felt the fist time an ewok came on screen in a Star Wars movie. "Oh no no no no no...."

Capslock

My sister was in highschool chrous in the 80's..

in 1983, (the year Star Wars episode VI was out)
the school chrous concert feeatured..that Ewok "yub nub" song!

imagine a stage full of junior high kids all singling that song..
in complete "ewok language"..
it was awful..the worst thing I have ever heard or seen in my life..

im emotionally scarred to this day..

Scot

Mostly CNN, some local TV for the results of the local races, and a bit of Fox "News" to see how creative the Republicans can be in thinking up excuses.

whatever channel my parents watch... ABC I think...

I'm going to sit back, relax and enjoy a cup of coffee!

IM000223.JPG

I'll be sticking to Fox News for the most part. Usually don't like watching the news (I prefer online articles), because I don't care what anyone on there thinks, but I may make an exception this one night.

I'm gonna be out at the polls from open till close making sure people know to vote no on proposition 8. Afterwards No-On-Prop-8 is going to have an election night party where we'll watch the results come in.

Capey,

It's a N. coccinea. :)

Any channel besides MSNBC :-O

On a serious note I don't think any of the channels will dare to jump to an early conclusion. This race is going to be decided by a sliver.

I'm going to be taking a business legal studies exam. Can't wait.

Back