What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obama has won!

• Thread starter Ant
  • Start date
Gas prices are way down and we're doing well in Iraq. What do you want to change about that?? Obama won, but now he has to perform. Yippee. <---Sarcastic.

I too cried at the news of an Obama victory this morning.

I haven't been this frightened and angry since 9/11.

There is a saying that a people often deserve the leaders that they get. This just may be the case.

Two to three years from now, we'll all be saying, "WTH was I thinking voting for this guy??"
WTF.gif

America will have a serious case of "buyer's remorse", most assuredly. An Obama administration will make the Clinton administration look benign and innocent in comparison.

A Change is indeed coming; one that you did not anticipate nor prepare for..........

At least Bush had some moral standards. This guy is an immoral, power-hungry, arrogant punk.
I do not think the country's inner structure will be damaged catastrophically, there is too much bureaucracy to do so in 4 years before someone normal will be elected (if he doesn't get impeached before that), but it'll still be in somewhat of a ruin. I've already seen black guys in the subway walking around and telling people "If they'll be our friends, we'll not deport you back to wherever you came from" and that's in NYC where practically everyone is a foreigner... we'll see how long it takes till they start getting killed for saying stuff like that, and if it won't stop, then I think NYC will be plunged into another racial street war such as it was a couple of decades ago (I know some "veterans" of Bensonhurst, Brighton Beach, and Sheepshead Bay "battles"). However the international arena will definitely be lost. He is too arrogant and weak.
So ladies and gentlemen, kick back and watch this country crumble, get pushed around, and flushed down the toilet. Historic moment indeed - the worst mistake ignorant citizens of USA have ever made!

I haven't been this frightened and angry since 9/11.

Equating Obama to 9/11 is rediculous. You guys need to open your eyes, or is hope too much to ask for? Obama will be the best thing to happen to the US since JFK. Hope is what this country needed most, and Obama will deliver something much more than that.

Fryster and Dimka, you took the words right out of my mouth. I absolutely agree. It will be a change alright. Health care for everyone who needs it, except for those who survive abortion. Farm subsidies for everyone, except for those who need it. Around a $trillion in new spending. The list seems to go on even further. He has to pay for all of this somehow.

A $65 billion-a-year health plan
$15 billion in green energy spending
$85 billion in tax cuts and credits
A $25 billion-a-year increase in foreign aid
$18 billion a year in education spending
$3.5 billion for a national service plan

There is a saying that a people often deserve the leaders that they get. This just may be the case.
Too bad the rest of us have to live with his rulings too though. Let only those who voted for him deserve him. LOL

As Frankie said earlier, Open your eyes people, this is the change we need, there is nothing scary about Obama in anyway shape or from. Take a look around do you want more of whats happened already, NO, Obama will bring the change we need, our country is already on the road to recovery.

At least show some respect for him!

Could someone please post next week's lotto numbers, too? I need to know the future.
~Joe

On the road to recovery indeed... imagine a sundew sprout that just starts to grow, or recovering from repotting or something. Now imagine someone taking a gallon of molten lead and pouring it on top of the sprout. Good luck growing!
If he is so pro-abortion, maybe his mother should have aborted him, at least his dream of free choice would come true then I guess. And oh yes, health care for all, but those who really need it.
Way to go!

Well that didnt take long..
half a day, and the venom is back full-force..on both sides.

how depressing...

Scot

On the road to recovery indeed... imagine a sundew sprout that just starts to grow, or recovering from repotting or something. Now imagine someone taking a gallon of molten lead and pouring it on top of the sprout. Good luck growing!
If he is so pro-abortion, maybe his mother should have aborted him, at least his dream of free choice would come true then I guess. And oh yes, health care for all, but those who really need it.
Way to go!

Very mature. That's a false analogy, followed by an incredibly juvenile low blow. If anything, this applies more to the way Bush killed the progress of the Clinton administration. We're already totally in the crapper - honestly, what progress is this that Obama could destroy? Please tell me, because as far as I can tell we're in a worse situation than we have been in decades, thanks to Republican policy.
I could just as easily say, "If John McCain is so into making sacrifices for his country, why didn't he just die in that internment camp?" But I would never seriously say something like that, because it accomplishes nothing and is entirely speculative at this point. If this situation is so bad, why didn't you pitch in more for your candidate's campaign? You're so eager to wash your hands of anything bad that might happen - isn't it the McCain camp's fault for not winning over more voters? If you don't like the democratic method, perhaps you would be happier moving to a dictatorship or theocracy.
Please show me where it says that children born after botched abortions don't get medical care. I'll write a letter to Barack right now telling him to change it, because that notion is just plain absurd. The thing is, I don't think his health plan says that - it's too blatantly callous and inappropriate. More likely, you've got your information wrong or are straight up talking trash. Have you ever dealt with government healthcare before? My family is military and I've been through miles of BS to try to get care for obvious legitimate conditions; as far as I'm concerned, Obama's plan for federal healthcare could completely backfire and the whole system could collapse and it would still be better than the poor choices and neglect we offer people today.
At least Bush had some moral standards.

Moral standards that include, among other gems, pandering to interest groups during his campaigns and then giving them no heed in office, and better yet, choosing not to stop the 9/11 attacks in order to create a political climate more conducive to his pro-war agenda. Yes, I would much prefer this incompetent, uncaring liar who values the war profiteering aspirations of his college buddies over 5,000+ innocent lives. At first I wanted to ignore this comment as post-election bitterness. But then I realized, if you liked Palin, then of course you'd be a Bushie.
If you're unhappy with the results of the election, I can't blame you. Neither candidate was perfect, nor even ideal in this year's final. But don't be so eager to cry foul before the game has even started. That's inappropriate. If you disagree with what Obama wants to do, you have no excuse for yourself unless you write him, and your representatives, and the nation at large to try to fix what's wrong; that's what our country is about. Petulance and self-pity, I can assure you, it is not. I personally kind of wish McCain had won, just so that everyone so eager to trash-talk Obama could eat their words over the next four years. Unfortunately, we'll instead probably have to put up with another four years of Democratic-led economic expansion and positive foreign relations. Oh, how will we ever endure?!
~Joe

PS - Thank you, Finch - you're totally right. A lot is riding on this presidency and it should be no surprise that people have concerns.

how depressing...

Indeed, I was just thinking the same thing myself.

Let us keep it civil folks.

how depressing...
Indeed, I was just thinking the same thing myself.

This is not entirely fair. I am personally glad that Obama won but there are many people who are incredibly disappointed. Thinking that people are not going to vent their frustrations on the subject, and then have Obama supporters not jump on them for that, etc. is not very realistic.

This is not entirely fair. I am personally glad that Obama won but there are many people who are incredibly disappointed. Thinking that people are not going to vent their frustrations on the subject, and then have Obama supporters not jump on them for that, etc. is not very realistic.

How is what I said unfair? I understand that there are people who are disappointed. And I have no objection to them venting their frustrations. However, it is not a far stretch to say this thread is getting a little warm and the back and forth could easily escalate. All I was saying is to remember to keep it civil. I do not care what side of the fence you fall on. Just be civil. I do not think that is unfair at all.

Too bad the rest of us have to live with his rulings too though. Let only those who voted for him deserve him. LOL

I remember many people thinking the exact same thing four years ago. And yet we endure.

how depressing...

Scot

Indeed. I think Obama's speech last night was really strong, and hit a lot of great points.

xvart.

How is what I said unfair? I understand that there are people who are disappointed. And I have no objection to them venting their frustrations. However, it is not a far stretch to say this thread is getting a little warm and the back and forth could easily escalate. All I was saying is to remember to keep it civil. I do not care what side of the fence you fall on. Just be civil. I do not think that is unfair at all.
I was not talking about the civility comment at all, that is why I excluded it from the quote. I am talking about the expectations that this would die down afterwards, that it was unfair for scotty and you to expect everyone to just drop it. Expect is not the right word, I suppose. To hope that it would die down is unrealistic - would be a better wording.

He better not raise my taxes one single penny. But I know I'm not facing reality here.

It should just be dropped lol. Obama won, that is that. Nothing you can say will change that, so moan and groan and complain all you want. Obama was the best choice out of the candidates imo.

Even McCain said you don't need to be afraid of Obama...

I am talking about the expectations that this would die down afterwards, that it was unfair for scotty and you to expect everyone to just drop it. Expect is not the right word, I suppose. To hope that it would die down is unrealistic - would be a better wording.

I had no expectations that it wold die down, I am not that naive. I do however expect people to be civil and that was the part of Scotty's comment I was agreeing with: that the venom was back, in full force on both sides. And I am not pigeonholing one side in either role over the other there, both sides are doing it.

Quite honestly I think the threads on politics before the election more a bit more civil even in their heated moments. But now that there is an actual winner/loser people on one side are seemingly more inclined to let fly at people on the other side.

Like I said, I do not mind people airing their gripes in the slightest. Gripe away. However, I personally do think the amount of venom that is being laced into some of the comments, from both sides, is a bit excessive and I see the potential for escalation if it goes on unchecked. And that was the only reason I commented.

Before chiming in on some of the commentary, I wanted to bring up a different topic: I think most everyone will agree that Obama had a phenomenal campaign and an impressive movement of volunteers and organization. I believe he should come out soon and say to everyone, on both campaigns, that all the time you spent volunteering for your campaign should be carried on in other forms, and volunteering for local needs. There are tons of opportunities for volunteering and that is one thing we need to remember is that we have the time, and have demonstrated the passion, and everyone can channel that into other initiative. And, if his college tuition remission does take off, this would be a great segue into that.

So ladies and gentlemen, kick back and watch this country crumble, get pushed around, and flushed down the toilet.

So business as usual? A majority of the country would agree that we have been watching that for four to six years.

Historic moment indeed - the worst mistake ignorant citizens of USA have ever made!

And that is the nature of a democracy. Sometimes the other guys win.

It should just be dropped lol. Obama won, that is that. Nothing you can say will change that, so moan and groan and complain all you want.

Is that an oximoron? Drop it, but go ahead and complain? lol.

Could someone please post next week's lotto numbers, too? I need to know the future.
~Joe

12-40-03-16.

xvart.

Back