What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must Be Deer Season!

lit? the dang thing darn near is impassible in winter, we only take it when there is no snow.......only roads that are lit around here are inside city limits and even then not always........that Highway 200 through Lincoln is going through wilderness areas......we use it as a "short cut" to go from Great Falls to Missoula in late spring/summer/early fall.....2 lane road, many miles between small towns, goes up and over the continental divide.....why would we light them? cost a fortune and not gain much.....

Are those highways lit, rattler?
xvart, curiosity is killing me and I have to ask... what "densely forested" (and apparently rural?) road have you ever been on that is lit? :0o:

xvart, curiosity is killing me and I have to ask... what "densely forested" (and apparently rural?) road have you ever been on that is lit? :0o:

Plenty of the highways around here have dense trees that come almost right up to the highway, and they are lit. I don't know if he means the road weaves in and out of trees or that it is cut away for the road, which is why I asked.

xvart.

I've never been out that way, but here, none of the roads or highways have any lights for at least 10 mi in either direction from here. Even then, it's spotty and only clustered around little towns. Blink and your through them, back into the non-lit areas.

I'll never forget when one of my relatives married a guy from Chicago (she moved up there, but now divorced anyway). His family came down and couldn't believe what a "wilderness" we live in and how unsafe it is compared to city life! LOL They had it just backwards. :-))

I remember them commenting how pitch black it is here at night in any direction and that we need "street lights". Talk about ruining the area...

The way they went on about it, it was like they were afraid of the dark, like the boogie man was going to get them or something. City people baffle me. LOL

Just pristine nature. The way we like it. :)
Highway US 31:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Indiana_Gardener/Lake MI Trip/IMG_3906.jpg

Local road. I live about 800 Ft back to the west (left) of this road:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Indiana_Gardener/Misc/dirt-road-websized.jpg

lit? the dang thing darn near is impassible in winter, we only take it when there is no snow.......only roads that are lit around here are inside city limits and even then not always........that Highway 200 through Lincoln is going through wilderness areas......we use it as a "short cut" to go from Great Falls to Missoula in late spring/summer/early fall.....2 lane road, many miles between small towns, goes up and over the continental divide.....why would we light them? cost a fortune and not gain much.....

lol. Just wondering! I wouldn't think they were, but just checking. That would be a nightmare.

xvart.

to give yah an idea what some of the road is.....we have had to stop in the road and wait for bighorn sheep to either continue up or down the mountain......the valleys are full of streams and ponds that are home to moose...... :D

Back