What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life has it's rewards

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
So today I came home from work early because I'm sick, and spent the afternoon talking to my insurance provider about how they aren't going to cover more than 50% of my $750/month prescription bill because I have to take a drug that's still patented. I went to go get dinner and hang out with a friend and stopped to fill my car up (with premium, for once.) I go to start it back up, and - what do you know? - my starter has managed to work itself loose of the mounting bolts. So then I walked about two miles home with my very heavy backpack in the rain, and now I'm going to walk back with my very heavy wrench set, in the rain.
I'm loving life today.
~Joe

Some people think life improved when our ancestors climbed down from the trees (or walked out of the savannah, depending on your theory of human origins). I'm not so sure.

I can't top Bruce's sentiment.

I just hope you're able to sit back and relax with a tall glass of "life's own lemonade" now that you're finally home!

Sometimes a good sleep helps to break the conspiracy that the universe occasionally seems to wage against all of us from time to time.

It actually wasn't all too bad. Nothing seriously wrong - the bolts had just shaken themselves loose. I thought I had tightened it up enough when I replaced my starter but apparently I didn't account for the engine warming up and expanding. It went back on in about 20 minutes and I was able to finish my evening (terrifying drive on I-5 through the dark and rain included) uneventfully. But I have had an unusual amount of really aggravating mishaps this week.
Thanks guys,
~Joe

...But I have had an unusual amount of really aggravating mishaps this week.
Thanks guys,
~Joe
Joe, my wife and daughter got this for me for Father's Day a couple years ago. It is one of my favorite T-shirts.

100_0740.jpg

Sorry about the size of the pic. I forgot to resize it before posting it.

Steve

Back