What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to carnivorous plants

Hi!
I would love to start a new hobby of cp gardening, does anyone have any help, or info where i can get some carnivorous plants/seeds.

Thanks,
Kamil

hi there,

well this forum is a great start to what your looking for....a plethora of information and people to answer questions, there is the flytrapshop.com that has fabulous CPs.....and then the trading post where generous people are willing to share their seeds for postage...just gotta be patient and wait for the offers to come up :)

Yes most of what I learned is from following the forums and reading about what others have tried and what has worked for them.
Stick around and you will learn.

Which plant should i start with, preferably something easy to care for.

Kamil

Most stuff that's offered as a giveaway should be pretty easy. Typically people have stuff to give away for free because it grows well enough that they have a constant excess. Welcome to the forums - if you want to learn you've come to the right place.
~Joe

Drosera Capensis. The easiest plant ever. Also very interesting.

Besides forums, you can google for information about how to grow plants. Some of the larger nursuries have online information about how to care for plants.

Welcome to Terra Forums!

Moved to general, as it seems to fit the thread better.

To address your question on which plant to try first....tell us a bit about yourself. That will help!

What state do you live in (we need this to know your ambient conditions)?

What sort of plants interest you most? Some of the genuses have plants that range from very easy to very hard.

Do you plan on creating a special growing set up to mitigate your ambient conditions? If so, what? Lights, tank, greenhouse, etc....

Welcome to TF!

I am supposed to be recieving a titan arum seedling tommorow , does anyone have any idea on how to care for it?

Kamil

isnt titan arum suppose to be the biggest flower of all?

By the way i live in Connecticut, where i live temps never drop below 0 degrees f. I live in an apartment so a greenhouse it not an option, i guess i can set up a tank but i need to know how.

Thanks,
Kamil

The titan has arrived!

Kamil

Bump! Still loking for any cps!

Back