What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

one of the coolest hunting videos ive seen......

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
Wow. That is cool!

xvart.

I guess the European form are not as aggressive as their N. American counterparts??

I guess the European form are not as aggressive as their N. American counterparts??

Yeah - no kidding. I've come across many moose over the years during mountain backpacking trips, and I've learned to stay far away from females with young. I've had them make it very clear to me I'm not to get anywhere near them! Never had a problem with bulls, or even females with no young, but those mommas get nasty. 'Mamma drama'.

Watching that video - I couldn't quite tell if that was two adult females or if the one in back is a youngin'. I thought it was going to bite the tip off! Great video, it's like it's saying 'hey, I know you're there, I know what you got there!'

Awesome. How sweet she is! I wish more hunters hunted that way. I was scared his hand was going to slip. Really sad to think she was touching an instrument intended to kill her but she doesn't understand that.

That was a calf with her Nightsky.

defiantly a calf.....i would have to guess she never went on the attack cause she never actually saw them......guessing they did one hell of a job on scent management and it took awhile before she got a really good whiff of them and it dawned on her what the smell should belong to.....but if they didnt move she never had a target......if that had been me i would have prolly had to go clean my drawers afterwards cause a momma moose, especially with a calf is as dangerous as any bear...

What a sweet face that moose had. So they don't have very good eye site I'm guessing?

Momma's of just about any animal can become extremely protective and do things you might not expect. That guy did good to stand so still. You could just see the wheels turning in her head..."What IS that thing??" lol

Was that Europe? I just assumed it was likely Quebec w/ the French wording....

It's Canada, since that's a brook trout at the top and those aren't native to Europe. Also, the Ford ad has a .ca ending. I've been around a number of moose and aggressive isn't a word I've ever included in a sentence with the word moose. I've never been close to a mama moose with very young calf, but have been near some like those in the video and maybe mama moose was more cautious than usual, but otherwise it was like any other moose, which is to say not very alarmed about my presence.

same issue as with bears......most arent going to pay much attention to yah and are likely to go the other way but more individuals are hurt by moose every year in Alaska than by bears......i have freinds that have run across the odd moose that are just plain aggressive........as in went out of their way to go after ppl.......most commonly this has actually been females with out calves......whats almost as bad is when a bull decided one of the horses in a pack string is the love of his life.......the bull generally isnt aggressive twords the ppl but he tends to have a one track mind about a particular horse :D

I hope the horse was female. Who knows how moose might react to the legalization of gay marriage.

Back