What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southern California is on Fire

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
What seems as nearly the whole of Southern California is on fire. In my house (a good 60 miles from the fire front), it is incredibly dark, and constantly raining ash. I just finished playing a soccer tournament in Irvine and they are evactuating many suburban places. Appartments, mobile homes, and 500+ real homes have gone up already, and more are sure to go. And worse of all they think it may be arson.

Good luck to all those located in the truly affected areas. We have not seen a fire this magnitude and strength in quite, quie sometime. Stay safe. :/

Mines 15 miles or less. I am worried. I WANT TO LIVE. and yes, it is dark everywhere.

Raining ash by LAX too.

Silent hill!! Silent hill!!!!!

Wow, good luck guys. That sounds bad. Vote controlled burns!
~Joe

Its been raining ash here too, since around 4:00 AM this morning. Every year the fires keep getting worse and worse, remember last year when 7-10 fires were burning at the same time, now that sucked!

DSC_0007-5.jpg

I'm about 5 miles from the Brea fire, and pretty close to the Chino Hills fire. My area is a fire hazard area, ugh. So far the winds have been cooperating and blowing smoke away from us.

Scary stuff fires are I hope it's put out soon and if it is arson I hope the persona who did this is caught.

Might be evacuated.

Dude, LA already suffers from horrible pollutions. Smog eats the sky and now there's ash. :/ I'm coming back down on Nov. 25th, hopefully things will be all sorted out and recovering by then.

yea seriously controlled burns are the best... nature works its way out and when it cant have its controlled burns naturally **** like this happens.

Not to make light of what you're facing, but if there's any place crazier to develop than the hurricane coasts of the Southeast, it's the earthquake-prone tinderbox of the LA foothills. I hope everyone is OK.

Max your sadly spot on. Every year it gets way worse.

my thoughts exactly Bruce.

Ill post my pics soon...my back yard is covered in ash!

There is smoke and it's hot where I am.:( Hope everyones okay.

The earth quake might happen at any moment too, and I'm pretty much having to evacuate too.

The fires are now in my city, parts of it are already evacuated. I see my neighbors packing up their belongings, I'm waiting for the notice to evacuate.:-(

stay safe everyone! you can get new plants, just get out in one piece!

The numbers of evacuations and burned homes I'm seeing are pretty mind-boggling. Unfortunately, mudslides often follow the wildfires. By the way, controlled burns become less and less feasible as development spreads out across the area. Good luck out there.

This is horrible! I hope you all stay safe! Keep up updated on how you're doing please.

Sorry to hear of all this. Stay safe everyone.

Back