What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pepsi or Coke?

Christmas

Stephen T. Colbert. Great man or the greatest man?

Great and hilarious man. I "am" the greatest man in my own universe, of course I'm rather biased on that position in a number of ways! :D

Agree that we should all attempt to be our own "greatest (wo)man" or not?

(In Neuro Linguistic Programming this is sometimes called "living with a winners script", Crowley said it as "Every man and every woman is a star.", Zen Buddhism asks "Who is the one who makes the grass green ? (you)" , etc...)

Agreed. And Capensis: land on a star. I always wondered if we could colonize the Sun with really powerful air conditioners and thermal generators.

My question today: go to work or stay in bed? :D
~Joe

Work! Need the money.

New Wave or Disco?

Stay in Bed or at least stay in sweat pants and sit at the PC all day. Work will always be there! (sez me today, I gotta work Thurs and Fri)

New Wave! They used to call punk rock "new wave" a long time ago. I have a compilation called Riding the New Wave (or something similar) with Dead Kennedys, The Clash, Souxie and The Banshees, etc.

In the early 90s we had a small scene in Minneapolis of "Disco punks" they wore bad leisures suits from the thrift stores, old bowling shoes and ill-fitting wigs. The local crust core band Destroy! used to play Macho Man and YMCA at the end of every gig, getting all the disco punks onstage to disco. I miss those days or daze, whichever! lol!

The Daily Show or The Colbert Report?

Daily Show - I love the classics.

Muppet Babies or Baby Looney Tunes?
~Joe

Baby looney tunes, whats muppet babies?

Wii or Xbox 360?

Xbox 360.

Racing games or first person shooters?

FPS all da way! you can race on streets... :D

Communism or facism (assuming they would work fully, none of the greed and stuff that ruined them before)?

"What's Muppet Babies?" Agh!

Communism, hands down.

Scrappy-Doo, or that awful robot from the original Power Rangers?
~Joe

Geez, Communism or Fascism? Pick an economic materialist worldview or a economic territorial primate worldview. Like asking whether I'd like to drink a barrel of monkey snot or a barrel of monkey puke!* lol! :-D

*Or pick a Capitalist system which is simply an economic metaphysical worldview. All human politics is dominated by greed, precisely because politics is ideology attached to economics. When economics is removed from any political writing: Marxism, Adam Smith or Hitler's work, there is nothing left to support the rest of the philosophy. Politics in it's many zany facets is merely the philosophies (rationalization) of controlling economic systems and nothing more. Despite what anyone of any political ideology may tell you, there is no "pure" politics divorced from money, only differing views on how it should be acquired and disbursed (and to whom). All of them are careful to eschew this obvious fact while at the same time using it as their banner. It's like the old surrealist painting by Magritte of a pipe with the words "this is not a pipe" printed beneath it.

Scrappy Doo! I've never seen Power Rangers outside of the tail end of 12 hour mystical voyages taken on my couch back in high school so I don't really remember what I saw in any of those shows... lol!

To go with the "bad choices we have to make" theme Obregon started:
"Honest politicians" who write more laws and thus create more criminals out of people who are harming no one?
OR
"Greedy politicians" who basically leave us all alone while they wallow in the public trough?

Congratulations; Scrappy-Doo is the correct answer! He's probably slightly more annoying, but easier to destroy than a robot created by an extra-dimensional intelligence that's been around since the dawn of mankind.

I choose greedy politicians, because they're similarly easier to get rid of.

Build a snowman, or snowball fight?
~Joe

Build a Snow-entity I don't wanna be a human chauvinist! lol! :D

Yup just gotta cap the greed before it gets too outta control and move some new pigs in there and hope they're not so "honest" they start screwing with our lives! lol!

Calvin and Hobbes or Peanuts (Snoopy)?

Oh man, Calvin and Hobbes all the way. There's hardly a comparison! Peanuts was good, but it never had anywhere near the depth of Calvin and Hobbes.

New shoe smell or new car smell?
~Joe

The snowman thing made me think of Calvin's awesome snowmen and philosophical forays on the toboggan . I agree Snoopy was a silly "Minnesota tradition" or whatever but Calvin was the stuff!

New Car Smell, I quit smoking several months ago so my car could use some freshening up (I only smoked in the car and at break at work). Plus my cat Flash likes to stick his head in my shoes and wrestle with them when I pull them off after work, apparently he likes the stinky old shoe smell! :D

Home Movies or Dr. Katz? (both squigglevision and same voice overs - I can't decide - I'm 50/50)

New car smell becuase I don't smell my shoes. xD

Aliens or Predators?

Aliens! I insisted on seeing that movie when I was a little kid (5?) and was terrified afterwards that I was gonna have a critter burst from my chest! The first night after seeing the movie my moms cat jumped on my chest in my sleep and I thought it was one of those Alien hand things that deposits the egg. I screamed and screamed until my mom came and made me open my eyes to see it was just the cat on my chest. lol!

Over the top rock bands (like KISS or Gwar) who play a theatrical role or "regular joe" bands who wear teeshirt and jeans?

Home Movies, all the way! Dr. Katz had its moments, but I found it kind of depressing, too.
~Joe

regular joe bands! ugh i love kiss music, if only i could look at them!

A court-side suite at a Clipper game, or a nosebleed seat at a Laker game?

If you say clippers, you are bound to fail. consider investing in Ford, GM, and/or Chrysler.

You can get entire suites on the court now? I don't care who's playing, courtside is better for me. I like to see the game up close; I'm not as interested in who wins as much as I am in seeing how they play.

411 or 911?
~Joe

Back