What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private torrent invite swap

• Thread starter -=Joel=-
  • Start date
If you have some spare invites to a private tracker and would like to swap for an IPT account drop me a pm. IPT seems to be one of the faster sites so a good one to have in the bookmarks :)

That makes no sense to me but I guess some people know what you are talking about. lol

Alas, I've fallen way behind and lost membership in any invite-only torrent site I was once part of. Oh well, Comcast hates torrents anyway... Let's face it, they hate anyone that actually uses their allotted bandwidth. :| Oh well.

wow,,I had to open this thread to see what this was about..because the subject line made absolutely no sense to me..

after reading the thread, it STILL makes no sense!! ;)
oh well..apparently someone understands it..

Scot

i got a torrentleech acct.

wow,,I had to open this thread to see what this was about..because the subject line made absolutely no sense to me..

after reading the thread, it STILL makes no sense!!
oh well..apparently someone understands it..
Old people should not be allowed to play with the internet.. :slap:

:poke: Catch what I'm throwin'?

;)

I'm young and I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about! ???

Whenever people use torrents... a torrent is a little file with addresses of "trackers" which keep track of how much data or information is on other users computers over the network. Basically the tracker is the heart of a torrent that establishes the seeds and peers while allowing you to download stuff. Now....private trackers block IP's if they are not in the list of allowed IP's. And to be among this allowed IP's, you need to register and have an account at the tracker. This is what they are talking about in a simple explanation. Basically private trackers IMO are more reliable and have less chances for fraud. There have definitely been times when you download something and it ends up turning out something completely different. I don't know what satisfaction ppl get from that but its real annoying.

Basically the tracker is the heart of a torrent that establishes the seeds and peers

TOTALLY got that. LOL :D

Oh...and Jonathan....can I see you out back by the woodpile?

Oh well, Comcast hates torrents anyway... Let's face it, they hate anyone that actually uses their allotted bandwidth. :| Oh well.
Sorry - correction: they hate everyone. Period.

These guys purchased the cable company in our area and within 3 months our bill went from $80 to $100. No changes in our services, no notices - nothing. Yesterday, I had the privilege of having 1) a Comcast telemarketer call to sell me more 'stuff' (After I calmed down, I apologized for starting a rant when I knew it wasn't his fault. He said he gets a lot of irate people from my area) and 2) a notice from Comcast that their prices are going up in January!! :censor: :crazy: :puke2: :headwall: :help: :drunk:

Due to our location, satellite is not an option and they're the only cable company around.

Sorry - not too pleased with Comcast. Rant off.

Old people should not be allowed to play with the internet.. :slap:

:poke: Catch what I'm throwin'?

;)
Est, I was going to :censor: & rant at you for that until I remembered my wife falls into that category. I had to help her maximize her browser window yesterday. Every time she tried to open her browser, a little 1" box would appear in the upper left corner of the screen. She'd close it and try again. She did it several times before calling me over to help. I used the mouse to drag the corner of the box to see what it was and there was the browser! How it had been made that small to begin with I may never know.

Quick info on torrents for the novices:

Torrent: Think of a flow (like that of a river) of information. In this case, it's file data over the internet.

Torrent client: A program for downloading/uploading torrents.

Seed/Seeder: Someone who has the program/file (torrent) on their computer and is sharing it with peers/leechers.

Peer/Leecher: Someone who's downloading the program/file (torrent) to their computer.

Downloading using a torrent is different than regular downloading. With regular downloading the entire file comes from one site in sequential order (first part first/last part last). With torrents, the file is downloaded from several sites (seeders) simultaneously. So, instead of one site having to que 200 requests for a file and taking them one at a time, torrents split that up among several seeders. This cuts down the wait time to begin downloading the file. Also, torrents allow you do download the file non-sequentially and from different peers at the same time. This means you can download the middle part of a file if it becomes available first then the last, and finally the first.

Oh...and Jonathan....can I see you out back by the woodpile?

Est, I was going to & rant at you for that until I remembered my wife falls into that category. I had to help her maximize her browser window yesterday.

Apparently you guys aren't catching what I'm throwing. :D

I was poking at Scotty for an earlier post of his in which he said

Children should not be allowed to play with the internet.. :slap:

Scot

Apparently you guys aren't catching what I'm throwing. :D

I was poking at Scotty for an earlier post of his in which he said
I'd caught part of what you were sayin. Figured you were kidding even though I'd forgot about Scot's comment. Just wanted to point out there are some adults that shouldn't be allowed to play with computers, let alone the internet. :poke:

Just wanted to point out there are some adults that shouldn't be allowed to play with computers, let alone the internet. :poke:

LOL! Like me. I had a multitude of teens and you teaching me how to use a discussion forum.

Back