What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some amazing insect camouflage

What are you talking about? I didn't see any insects...

Wow, that's incredible. Just wow. That's very intersting. I actually couldn't find the insect on the first picture for a second...LOL. I can't find the frog, though.

cool! Some of those things look like a plant becoming an animal! Though, I think the first frog shouldn't count since it is only the color.

It was more than just colors. It had spots and shades of a dead leaf.

those are colors are they not?

Well, the insects have colors, don't they? HMM?

great stuff Caps!

even though they cant even tell the difference from a mantis and a (herbivore) leaf insect...

Untitled-6-6.jpg

Untitled-1-13.jpg

Untitled-5-7.jpg

got them as imports....one lived a few weeks, the other bout 6 weeks.......royal pain in the arse to get established from wild caught......one of these days ill get some captive bred ones but they are few and far between but a couple of breeders are having consistent luck

Sorry about that. I hope you can get some that make it for you.

I think white's tree frogs are supposed to be easier though, aren't they? But maybe still not the best for a beginner in frogs?

like anything else, if you understand what they need its usually not a big deal to keep them happy.....my problem with the Meg's was i was dealing with animals shipped half way around the world and they are animals that most dont 100% agree how best to acclimate and most agree to expect a high mortality.....Whites are pretty hardy frogs from what i understand

Back