What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Put your Canon A590 on 'roids (plus some other Canon models)

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

The official download site appears to be down for maintenance this afternoon but the programs comes highly recommended

some mighty nice tweeks indeed!!!
Av

Very interesting. My camera is supported. I'll have to look into this more later. I don't have a card reader on my computer, and I read you have to create a directory on the sd card - I don't know how to do that through the camera. I'll have to read up on it. Sounds fantastic.

Edit: Ah crap. It seems you need a card reader. Oh well I'll keep my eyes out for a usb card reader next time I hit that kind of store.

look at these samples of its use

http://mighty-hoernsche.de/samples.html

The bracketing examples are unreal

Night, are you sure you cant create a directory when its connected to your puter via the usb port?... treat it like any other drive... go to "my computer", Ive not tried it but I think it would work
Ill give it a try later tonight for ya.

Av

These are exactly why I always recommend the Cannon Powershots. Some pretty cool features to be unlocked.

Looks very nice. I may have too look into this to put on the wife's camera.

awwwwwwww fudge.

I have a Powershot A95, and it is not on the list. :(

Ooooh... I knew they had these but there's so many features, I'm surprised. The motion detection sounds awesome. Now all I need is a lightning storm and a $1000 camera.
~Joe

errr seed, my A590 cost less then 100$ (refurbished)

I have the chdk program installed, easy process... just follow the directions. Night, the card reader did make it easier. I think you can do it with DOS commands, windows didnt seem to want to work, but I admit I didnt try too hard.

Sooooooooooooo many menu options and tweeks now omg, i downloaded a manual but its still kinda confusing at best.

many nice features are immediately obvious, just going to be a little learning curve, evidently im more of an idiot then the complete idiots guide to chdk was written for LOL

im mostly interested in focal bracketing, remote control, and the motion detection... so that is where i will focus first.

if anyone has already been there and done that... :)

Interesting... that's definitely worth checking out, in that case. Maybe sometime after the holiday I can look into it. Right now I've got projects by the boatload, though. :(
~Joe

the above cameras are point and shoots not digital SLR's......ive got the SD1100 and its about a $250-$300 camera.......may download that onto one of the spare memory cards and see what its like

None of them are DSLRs? Huh. I know I've heard about similar patches for Canon DSLRs. That's what I'm really in the market for... if I ever find myself a respectable income.
~Joe

Back