What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shoe throwing at Bush?

• Thread starter Dimka
  • Start date
The person throwing the shoes is the one who embaressed his country. I think Bush handled it great :)

It is just a shoe, I don't consider it embarrassing at all.

The person throwing the shoes is the one who embaressed his country. I think Bush handled it great :)

Agreed.

The thug that threw the shoes should see some sort of serious punishment.

That is an assault on a sitting president of the United States.
62frustrated.gif

"Liberate our country and peoples and we'll throw shoes at you infidel!" :crazy:

There was another clip I saw of this - after the shoe throwing the security guards quickly tackled the guy.

I could of sworn the guy was saying "DON'T TAZE ME BRO!!! DON'T TAZE ME!!!"

I could of sworn the guy was saying "DON'T TAZE ME BRO!!! DON'T TAZE ME!!!"

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaa :-))

Who was the lady who go hit by the shoe and got a black eye? I didn't see anyone get hit by those shoes
???

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D5oKEVqQJg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D5oKEVqQJg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

LMAO! I love Austin Powers. If Bush would have gotten hit by the shoes, he should have said the same things Austin did :p

Hmm guy lost 2 homes and several family members at the hands of an illegal invasion, a "war of choice" if you will
Dubya had 2 shoes thrown at him (which is the Arab equivalent of flippin the bird, not an assasination attempt, and IN the country his admin destroyed no less), both missed

I can see how the shoe throwin guy was the greater evil ???

"attacked a sitting president" is laughable. The US invaded that country, the president of the US is literally stupid if he expected anything less than the finger showing his face there. He is president in the US, and with his awful reputation worldwide it is extremely arrogant to think the whole world MUST respect him because he got "elected", and the "attack" in question was a gesture, nothing more

Anyone who is stupid enough to believe it was an assasination attempt, I feel sorry for you but PLEAQSE don't characterize it as such just because you are culturally ignorant :D

My assassination comment was complete sarcasm. Also there was no need to call me culturally ignorant and stupid, as I am fully aware of what throwing shoes means in Middle Eastern culture. I find the entire situation comical mainly because of the look on Dubya's face. So please before you go off insult people make sure you have considered the fact that alot of people find the situation funny and were merely making light of the situation.

Easy Ktulu, I am on your side here- imagine the "shoe throwin is the greater evli" comment in a sarcastic tone and you'll have my meaning

I would have enjoyed it if he ran up and kicked Dubya right in the stones. Only an arrogant idiot would think it was unjustified. I don't go and ruin peoples lives and expect them to be very courteous. If you look at the US propaganda spin on this, the guy was a crackpot making an absurd gesture. To several hundred million people, that guy stood up and told Dubya to stuff himself.

If the US wants to be a global pariah they could at LEAST allow other countries to hate their actions, know what I mean??

The quote by fryster (I assume said in a whiny comedy voice) about "liberate our peoples" was what initially set me off

As for embarrassing the "office and teh country" it was "mission accomplished" several years ago, these shoes were just gravy

I was laughing so hard when I saw that! To bad it missed! I hope that guy isn't punished for that. Bush diserved it. To bad he has the agility of a monkey to.

I think it would have been a much greater video if Bush had actually gotten nailed by one of them. You just included some inflammatory comments in your post. I am not angry or anything. I was just clarifying what I meant.

Though maybe that shoe was one of Saddam's weapons of mass destruction.

Bush's dodging skills come from 8 years of hunting with Cheney

hehe..........

I love how the drive-by media are lapping this stunt up and showing it endlessly to us all.

But, imagine if that "reporter" had tried throwing shoes at Saddam........

It would be the the human-shredder-machine for him in an instant.

Ya know a form of liberty has come to Iraq when an Iraqi feels safe enough to throw shoes at foreign heads-of-state. Something the drive-bys haven't yet pondered. ;)

Eeeh, he's not that safe. No one really knows for sure which hospital he's in now, but was last seen with a broken arm and a swollen face from being jacked in the face with the butt of a rifle by the police. The only reason he might not be killed (yet) is due to him being made a hero by marches for the past 2 days.

He doesn't feel safe, he just had nothing to loose. When you loose your family, your kids, your job, your home, your safety, your neighborhood... I'm surprised it was only a shoe, or that's all he could sneak in.

They should have let the man walk out of the building where he threw the shoe unmolested, except for some questioning. It obviously posed no real security threat, and holding him in custody and now... this is causing what should be a brief issue to turn into a real public relations problem over there. As if we did not need to make them hate us enough already, now we, they, someone, went and broke his arm over it. Supposedly, that is.

They should have let the man walk out of the building where he threw the shoe unmolested, except for some questioning. It obviously posed no real security threat

But that would be admitting that everyone everywhere doesnt love America and everything we do, and well thats just plain un-American. :usa2: We cant let that happen. Whats next we start to consider how other countries feel about the actions we take. Next thing you know our foreign policy will treat other nations like they are full of real people. :crazy: We cant allow that to happen.

I think it was absolutely justified what that man did. Bush is responsible for the destruction of his country, so it's the least he could do.

Actually, Saddam and the Baathists are responsible for the destruction of his country. And some blame can be laid at the feet of the UN for not enforcing their own rules and sanctions on Saddam's regime. (but that's actually another story for another time...)

This shoe-guy might be an ex-Baathist supporter, so naturally he would be PO'd at Bush; who knows?

I wonder if he got his shoes back? I'm not sure that I would go around throwing shoes; shoes can be expensive and I would hate to throw money away like that. Maybe he threw rented bowling shoes or old gym sneakers; Heck, we don't care if we ever get those nasty things back anyway.........

Anyway, this shoe-sideshow is a good distraction from having to report on Blago/Rezko-gate.

I hope that guy had been wearing the shoes at least two months in a row 24/7 before throwing them at that a..hole Bush! I hope even though he missed at least Mr. Brush got some high-quality sniff of an old vintage sweaty sock:) I think the only more embarrassing for Bush was when he tried to leave the conference in Moscow walking into closed door and yanking the other door wing. And that retarded grin on his monkey face when he learned both wings were locked:) LOL The worst president ever (aside from Reagan and Nixon). Talking about freedom and deliberate spreading of democracy. No **** why didnt he order his troops go and liberate some African dictator-oppressed country? They have more weapons than you think! I know why. No OIL over there. Freedom democracy and WMD threat my ***. At least he could have come up with better excuse than that. This shows how arogant he is and how little he thinks of Americans' IQ. BOTH SHOES WELL DESERVED INDEED! :-D

Back