What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favorite Fun or weird sites?

I was curious what sorts of web sites everyone likes to read / look at online for fun - other than Terraforums of course!

Post your links! :)

This puzzle, the Tim Tang Test, took up some of my time for a week. For you puzzle/intellectual type people, it should be very interesting. Note, it is incredibly hard. INCREDIBLY hard. And prepare to lose a lot of free time. I can't beat level 5, it's pretty sad.

http://www.timtang.com/ttt/

I'm also a big fan of the radio program 'Coast to Coast AM,' which I would categorize as weird.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Dr. Fong's is fun, though I was truly shocked to see the "hat man" article. I used to see that shadow EVERY TIME I had a consciousness changing experience. I would see at some point, shadows emerging from a plain wall that would became a silhouetted head and shoulders (all black sometimes with a yellowish aura or glow around it) of a guy in a big hat just like the drawing. Sometimes it would appear for just a few minutes and sometimes he'd hang around like a tapestry on the wall for half the night. My only guess is it's some kind of Jungian Archetype that emerges during psychedelic states occurring in the people who grew up watching Zorro... Though I was never scared of this "hat man" like the person states in the article.

I always thought, maybe Zorro is watching over me!? lol! :D
zorro.jpg

Anyway keep those fun sites coming!

I waste a lot of my time here: One Manga.
I got started reading Manga with the the Animé "InuYasha", followed buy "Rurouni Kenshin" and "Yu Yu Hakisho". While looking for DVDs of these I dicovered Manga. My doom was sealed. I am now addicted to "Bleach", "Kekkaishi", "Naruto" and several others.

Since this thread came back I'll add my latest find just to keep these sites sort of all together:
http://www.languageisavirus.com

If you are into weird or creative writing this site will give you plenty of ways to toss stale ideas around into a tasty new word salad. Check out the Widgets section which is full of interesting randomizing / editing utilities to use on your text or someone elses or a combo of the two, or three or more.

Due to my weird interests this site is one of my favorites: Dr. Fongs House of Mysteries

My sister lives near the Goatman's Bridge. I asked her and her husband if they new anything about it and they said a friend of theirs was obsessed with it. I sent the link and they said it was awesome.

re: hexagon robot dancing
UPDATE: Something is definitely wrong. I have now watched this video 5 or 6 times. I cannot stop. I have seen a glimpse of the future and it involves dancing crab robots.

Hilarious! I am the exact same way. The music is amazing!

xvart.

I don't really visit any sites regularly that aren't forums or my email accounts, but as of right now, my favorite "fun" site is this page of NES and SNES rom hacks (fan made spin offs of NES and SNES games). Since I've played just about every SNES game already, it's great to be able to play new fan made stuff based on the originals.

I'm going to have to try to make my own someday. :-D

This is my favorite online game! You get to make your own creation and take him through a bunch of different worlds! It takes awhile to load though.
www.zombo.com

Ant, is that website just supposed to be a screen with Zombo.com and a guy talking? I don't see any game.

lol, moo you ruined it! XD

JRF I love the SNES games.. I just finished earthbound, it was so addicting.

JRF I love the SNES games.. I just finished earthbound, it was so addicting.

Yeah, Earthbound is pretty cool. I never finished it though. I got past the desert to the big city and stopped playing.

It's a weird habit I have with RPGs; I'll either stop playing them half way through only to restart and complete the game at a later date, or I'll play them until the final boss and just never finish it. I've done the second one with Chrono Trigger, FF8, FF9 and probably others I can't think of right now.

If you like the really ancient style RPGs, give the NES FF hack Dragoon X Omega II a try. I was playing that game for three hours straight last night. It's great!

I did the same thing with FFXII. I got it in December two years ago and played about 12 hours. Then I just stopped. I just started playing again and made it a little further, but stopped again. I think it has more to do with not having the time to invest in huge RPGs. I sure miss those days when there was little responsibility when I could just play RPGs and drink beer all night, lol...

xvart.

What? You got to the end of Chrono Trigger and didn't finish? You must've taken a shortcut or something, because Lavos is a pushover by the time you've played out the side quests.
On the topic of Earthbound, has anyone played the translated versions of the sequel/prequel? That's high on my to-do list, as soon as I've got something like spare time.
~Joe

I could have finished the game, along with the other two I listed, but I just never entered the final battle. In Chrono Trigger, I beat Ozzie at that tower and just stopped right there.

It's a strange time to stop playing a game, I know. :scratch:

Back