What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather you do not see everyday

It's 21 F, we have snow on the ground for two days ago, we now have freezing rain, and lightning and thunder, lol .

Joe

Thats unusual for winter in Nebraska?
seems like that would be fairly normal weather to me.. ???

Scot

I didn't think that would be so unusual for Nebraska either. Miami, yes, but not Nebraska.

interesting......my sister-in-law works in Lincoln......

I have seen maybe three Winter thunderstorms in my 32 years here. At least that I recall.

Joe

Yeah, I noticed the lightning reports on the Weather Channel. I was in a thunderstorm with snow and hail once, but it was early summer in the Rockies so I guess that's not as unusual. Hopefully it doesn't cause you much trouble. There's just a few inches of snow here and people are freaking out - you wouldn't believe how many I saw without chains today.
~Joe

Strange you mention that. I was in Seattle last night, and it snowed, and lightning & thundered! By morning there were four inches on the ground in downtown Seattle.

Casplock

In Western New York, Scot and I are a couple hours into the snowstorm that will eventually bring us about a foot of snow. We're not setting any records but travel is going to be rough and there will be accidents.

In southern Michigan, we're gettin' slammed with the white stuff right now!

WOW!

***Has anyone seen my carbon-credits??

Strange you mention that. I was in Seattle last night, and it snowed, and lightning & thundered! By morning there were four inches on the ground in downtown Seattle.

Casplock

Whoa, I didn't hear about any lightning around here. *Pout*
At least I don't have to go to work today!
~Joe

We're actually getting snow that lasts more than 3.221458 seconds here in NYC!

We got about a foot of snow since this morning..
was a bit slow getting home from work, but nothing major..

now I have to go shovel the driveway.. :(
I think its time to buy a snowblower! ;)

Scot

We got a heavy snow storm two days ago.

It's snowed, rained, and snowed all in the last four hours on Long Island. There is about four inches of snow so far.

Snowing here also. Bout 6 inches so far. Not too bad, except that I live in a hilly area. Lots of rear wheel vehicles getting stuck - but I'm not one of em.

...and another storm is on the way...

at least you don't live in New England, here the weather doesn't play by the rules.

Back