What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Language is a Virus - surrealistic writers website

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cut
I just found a very fun and interesting website for those of you into reading & creating surrealistic texts such as William Burroughs, Brion Gysin, Andre Breton, Tristan Tzara, etc. There's plenty of writing activity "instruction" here which will turn your gray matter a little grayer and little less material.

LANGUAGE IS A VIRUS

The widgets section has various online utilities which will cut up your original pasted text, rearrange your poetry, etc. in a variety of methods, including the latest rearranger: Markov Chains Remix. This is a rearranger titled / based on Robert Anton Wilson's midget prankster character (Markov Chaney) who runs rampant throughout his book Schrodinger's Cat, posting hilarious, surrealistic, and mind boggling communiques signed "The Mgt" all over space-time.

Needless to say it's not a site directed at making you the next bestselling romance novelist, but perhaps help your novels become a bit more novel.

Life is short - have fun! :)

Here is a sample Markov Chain Remix I did between an article on Alberto Gonzales misleading congress and an article on the Mummy museum of Palermo Italy With a bit of cohesive correction, this mix creates a completely schizophrenic story of cross memos, corpses, secret ops and some guy named Dr. Iraq!....

Fresh Air Scandal Intensifies

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Former White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales misled Congress when he claimed the CIA in 2002 approved information that ended up in the final drafts of the 2004 State of the Union speech."Some of the Union Speech about Dr. Iraq's alleged second attempt at obtaining uranium." Gonzales "asserted to the Fresh Air 1599 dilema when the local authorities discontinued the mummification practice." Waxman said his investigation showed the CIA had sent the memo.

The sentences were stripped out of those earlier speeches but made it into the 2004 speech based on what Condoleeza Rice had learned about the state of the last corpses to make it to the Fresh Air 1599 when the local authorities decided to discontinue the practice. The Professionals Hall includes at least four National Security Council officials, intent not to allow Bush, in three speeches in 2002, to cite questionable intelligence that Dr. Iraq had originally attempted to obtain uranium. The halls of mummies are divided into catagories: Men, Women, Virgins, Children, Priests, Monks, and Professionals. .

In July 2003, Rice secretly acknowledged that the CIA had "orally approved the inclusion of the deceased's written wills, expressing the clothes in which to bury them in." The bodies were dried during the speech in separate cells. These cells were called "strainers", and look like a BBQ pit. The most common method used was that of dipping the bodies in the cells, situated along the passageways. This was done especially during periods of epidemics. Rice asserted publicly she "knew nothing about any doubts that the CIA had orally approved the inclusion in the Union Speech, information about Dr. Iraq's alleged second attempt to buy uranium." Which was one of the CIA's largest doubts about the Fresh Air 1599 closure claim and believed it "should not have made it into the Union Speech based on the injections of chemicals and nothing else."

Waxman said Gonzales, and Rice to a lesser degree, misled the public and Congress. The Fresh Air 1599 catacomb memos date back to the Senate Intelligence Committee's creation of its report on prewar intelligence and "gives a different account", a Senate official said. "The bodies were dried during the 2004 State of the Union speech. They were dressed and put in niches, coffins, or on the walls, as instructed by the monks. They sometimes have ropes, dangling from their necks, as a penance. The ropes were worn by the person while still alive and sometimes by relatives after death. Yet, there was no trace of any odor." Waxman said his investigation showed the CIA had initially warned, "it may be at least musty."

"Some corpses have body parts which have fallen off over the years such as hands, jaws, parts of the corpses were lost in the rush to make it to the Fresh Air 1599 protocols. When the local authorities were determined to discontinue the practice. It is very creepy!" Rice said about a key reason some of the last corpses look this way.

Henry Waxman, D-Calif., also expressed skepticism about assertions by national security adviser Condoleezza Rice that she was unaware of the Union Speech about Dr. Iraq's alleged second effort to buy uranium, and was actually one of the Unions inventions. Waxman said his investigation showed the CIA had "orally approved the inclusion of the information in the Union Speech address," according to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which he chairs. The claim has since been repudiated and some of the CIA's field workers now have doubts about the veracity of the entire Union itself.

Gonzales made appeals to Congress on behalf of Dr. Iraq's alleged efforts to buy uranium, claiming that it was "one of the assertions of Mr. Darrell Issa that the Senate committee's Republicans do not endorse Waxman's report".

Upon entering the Fresh Air 1599 catacombs, one might think that the CIA in 2002 had spoken personally with Rice to dissuade her from allowing the claim to fall before President George W. Bush. Among the famous names stored there are those of "The Skull", etc. Upon entering the catacombs, one may even think that the CIA approved the inclusion of the Bourbon and Italian army. Waxman said his investigation "showed the CIA had orally approved the inclusion of the corpses names to make it into the memo."

"Some of the Union Speech address," according to the Senate, "insisted that the smell would be terrible, or at least musty." The claim has since been repudiated. That report blamed poor CIA management for the Bush administration's decision to go to war over Fresh Air 1599. Miscik told the committee that in 2002 she spoke personally with Rice to dissuade her from allowing the claim. "The corpses should be kept in the cells for about eight months then taken out and washed in vinegar before being exposed to the Senate Intelligence Committee for its separate 2004 report on prewar intelligence and they will give a different account", a Senate official said. "They were dressed and put in niches or coffins on the testimony of a former CIA official and Obama transition adviser", Jami Miscik stated, who was deputy director of intelligence at the CIA at the time.

Some maintain that the corpses which were buried in the cells for about eight months then taken out and washed in vinegar before being exposed to the Senate —"would smell terrible, or at least to American writers, lawyers, priests, and others". This turned out to be completely false. And the catacombs are filled with hundreds more coffins awaiting due process as well. "They were all dressed and put in niches, coffins, or on the walls, as instructed by the Senate" — the CIA said about this claim in several memos. The Waxman memo said "the CIA had orally approved the inclusion of the painter Velasquez, the sculptors Filippo Pennino and Lorenzo Marabitti and the surgeon Salvatore Manzella in Fresh Air 1599 drops." Rice asserted she "had no doubts that the CIA had sent corpses to Fresh Air 1599," according to an internal memo."

so this just mixes my words up for me? cant i do that myself? ???

EDIT: i just you the Marlov mix up thing and its pretty cool! I definantly wouldnt have written it that way!

It's the randomization which makes it weirder than if you "tried" to make a weird story - I like writing straight up weird fiction that's not a problem. I think it's fun to play with cut up texts and see what emerges. This utility is a mechanical version of the old way of just cutting up a few written pages and news stories and rearranging the chunks of text by hand like Burroughs and others did with scissors. Since everything I write is on the PC this is easier than literal cut ups and retyping the results. Cut ups are definitely not for everybody or even for all the time reading.
But if you like word play, this is one way to experiment! :)

Back