What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERRY WHITE CHRISTMAS TF!! "Warning snow pic heavey"

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
MERRY CHRISTMAS TF, from the Roneys and NMACDT.. Hope you all have a super wonderful holiday..
ENJOY the snow..
Lets go back a few days from now, for the month of Dec. so far our area total snow fall has been over 86 inches, 25 mins down the road from here in Kalkaska there total for the month of Dec. so far a whopping 96 inches :0o: Most the snow got melted due to when we had that warm day and rain, now that was then, this is today we are going back 2 days ago and then counting today as well.
2 days ago.
On the way to town yes it was very dark and gloomy.
10inchblizzard08002.jpg

Lake Cadillac, wow what a brave sole out there with that ice shanty..
10inchblizzard08004.jpg

town, walls of snow
10inchblizzard08013.jpg

10inchblizzard08011.jpg

a road that people kept getting stuck on, had to be towed, pushed out.
10inchblizzard08005.jpg

waiting till no one is in town to clean up the snow mess.
08morethan4ftsnow004.jpg

At this point there is nowhere left to put the stinkin white stuff, each day it gets more piled up and no place else to push it.
Ok lets zoom foward to the next day, yesterday.
leaving the driveway, high winds nasty blowing snow cold temps, brrrrrrrrrrr..
08morethan4ftsnow001.jpg

going down the back road to town, the one that gets the big drifts across the roads on windy days. Hmmmmm wonder where everyone is. ???
08morethan4ftsnow003.jpg

another big drift starting to make its way to the road, Count the 3 phone poles down to the stop sign and thats how far this drift goes along the road. Will get pics of me standing infront of another drift thats even bigger.
08morethan4ftsnow006.jpg

town, sorry for the flunky pic but the ice build up on the windshield was getting in the way and there was tons MORONS out driving around.
08morethan4ftsnow005.jpg

Now 5 hrs later we had a small somewhat snow break hubby desided to reclean the driveway when we got back home.
08morethan4ftsnow007.jpg

now zoom to today since its already late i counted it as a day.
it has not stoped snowing yet. We shall start with a woodpecker out on the ground looking for seeds, i have not gone out to shovel and refill the feeders.
08morethan4ftsnow010.jpg

now for the dramatic snow pile up effect this is right after i shoveled to the feeders TODAY. I wanted you to see how this really is so i kinda held the camera at a diffrent level with where i stand insted of higher up like i normaly take pics.
08morethan4ftsnow021.jpg

Im glad our house is so high up off the ground or our windows would be burried.
I held the cam at waist height for this pic. A path we dug to the burrning pit.
08morethan4ftsnow019.jpg

and this is my daughter, shes 5' 7" to give ya a idea of how deep the snow is where shes standing which she didnt want to get out into the deeper snow, she said it was to hard for her to walk thru any further with her skrawny little legs where it gets deeper.
08morethan4ftsnow018.jpg

and this deck was just shoveld off 4 days ago and the roof was cleaned off at the same time, i had to fix the plastic covering the backdoor that day, now the roof has 4 inches of ice with a good 2 1/2ft or more of snow on it, hubby will be cleaning it off tomarrow afternoon, cant afford roof colapse.. :0o:
08morethan4ftsnow016.jpg

nothing like a WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!
08morethan4ftsnow023.jpg

those white spots are snow flakes, i forgot to turn the cam flash off for the pic. :oops:
08morethan4ftsnow024.jpg

and it continues to snow here with winds gusting and heavy snow..

ENJOY THE WHITE STUFF!! And be glad you dont live here.. :D
animated_christmas_treea.gif

HO! HO! HO! A Pot Full Neps And A Dish Full Of Dews. :D

Looks just like Western NY!

If you haven't noticed the TerraForums index/home page has been snowing too:-D

I remember those northern Michigan snow days well............

SNOW DAZE..................

Are you sure those aren't UFOs on the second last pic?

Woah Mama Tracey!! That's CRAZY!!! I never see snow very much over here -- I am just amazed at your photos!

On Christmas day here in Texas it was 76 with around 80% humidity. Next year can you please remember to send some of that stuff south?!?

Great pics. I love the last two pics. Send me some snow too!

I LOVE SNOW!!! That is awesome! Loved the photos. I wish you could send some here!

Back