What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The $200 book on tape

I scored the audio-book version of William Burroughs Naked Lunch read by Burroughs himself off from Half.com. Amazon and Ebay have the 3 CD version of of this out of print title going for $200 (gah!!) but I got it on cassette tape for $30 including shipping.

I'm enjoying the music of his voice as I type now but the $200 question is how can I transfer this to CD so I can listen to it in the car? Is there some small piece of adapter equiptment I can get to attach a stereo monitor to a PC with RCA jacks to transfer cassettes and LPs to CD or is my only option to buy a full-fledged CD-R stereo component?

Thanks for the info! On the first link is this rather neat product linked at the bottom of the page:
http://www.dak.com/reviews/2020stor...e_cd_convert&gclid=CJ-Wm-rBhZgCFQdrgwodmTxsfg

I really like the looks of that DAK device. It has the RCA jacks for my stereo components (turntable / tape monitor) and some mixer sliders... I do love me some gadgetry! They also have an EQ software program to fix the spectral quality on old LPs and tapes, once you've converted them to digital files. I think I'm going to order that DAK system & EQ software on Monday since they say they'll take it back 100% guaranteed if I'm not satisfied and my XP 64 bit system is a persnickety machine when it comes to accepting hardware. Sometimes it makes me want to do what your smiley is doing in your signature to his computer! I've got 100s of old import metal vinyls and rare demo tapes, many that were never released on CD that would be quite nice to have in a more portable format.
LPs always skip in the car... lol!

Thanks again for posting that link man - the DAK thing is just what I was looking for! :)

You could get an MP3 player, and an male male Aux input (if you have a new car) cord, or a casset tape that plugs into an MP3 player.

All your music can be imported to the player/MP3 program and uploaded to your MP3 player

or put it on an exterior hard drive, and build your own little MP3 player that just shuffles through all the songs, though you might not be able to go back and forth between the songs, and you would need to carry a huge battery with you constantly

Back